Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted: HP 7970E, 13183A, 12966A, 12531D

Default Wanted: HP 7970E, 13183A, 12966A, 12531D

I'm looking for a 7970E tape drive to go with my 2109E sytem, along with the 13183A interface board set (2 board and cable). Also looking for a 12966A BACI and a 12531D High Speed Serial Interface. If you have any of these for sale, please send me a note.

Quote Originally Posted by mloewen View Post
    I'm looking for a 7970E tape drive to go with my 2109E sytem, along with the 13183A interface board set (2 board and cable). Also looking for a 12966A BACI and a 12531D High Speed Serial Interface. If you have any of these for sale, please send me a note.
    There is an eBay seller "sammyslave1" that has some old HP stuff. He currently has a BACI board 12966A on eBay:

item # 290379646789

He also has an HP-IB interface board for a 21MX. Don't know if you have software that will support that though. There are 9144A tape drives (HP-IB) on eBay from time to time.

There is also a 7980A tape drive listed by another seller. Don't know if that model will do. I doesn't come with an interface board.

eBay item #170555808688

Chuck

You see the 7970Es quite often for not a lot (however always on your side of the pond) if "Sammyslave" is Paxton Hoag then he sent me some stuff a while back & it was a trouble free & good freindly transaction. might be worth an ask.
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone" (BANG )

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster_in_Jax View Post
    There is an eBay seller "sammyslave1" that has some old HP stuff. He currently has a BACI board 12966A on eBay:
    I've been watching his auctions, but was hoping for something priced a bit lower. I've had two people offer me a BACI for the cost of shipping, but neither has followed through.

There is also a 7980A tape drive listed by another seller. Don't know if that model will do. I doesn't come with an interface board.
    That 7980A has been up for auction for a LONG time, with no drop in price. I'd prefer something more period-appropriate, hence the 7970E. I have the IBM version of the 7980, a 9348-012 with a SCSI interface. That drive is so heavy I can barely lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by nige the hippy View Post
    You see the 7970Es quite often for not a lot (however always on your side of the pond) if "Sammyslave" is Paxton Hoag then he sent me some stuff a while back & it was a trouble free & good freindly transaction. might be worth an ask.
    I've seen only one or two 7970E's for sale in the past couple of years, but didn't need one at that point. Isn't Paxton in Oregon? sammyslave1 is in San Jose.

sorry wrong man!
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone" (BANG )

Hi - just wondering if you found a 7970E ? I have a nice one from a government research lab which has been well stored since 1991 (!)
    I can send photos and all the details you may need.