Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Online Documentation Project

Just curious..

I have a pile (3 banker boxes), of old REMARK and HUG (heath user group) mags..

Is there any where to send these to scan them.. They are too heavy to keep moving, but I can't bear to just pitch them with out atleast a record being made.. Lots of good info on the ancient heath and heath/zenith computers (h-8, h-89, pc clones). Can't even remember what date range these go over.

Google books would be perfect, but I can't find any way to submit items to them..

Since I read elsewhere in these forums that the TH99 documentation floating on the Internet is more or less orphaned, would it be an idea to make that part of this project? Perhaps "wikify" it, and improve and extend it from there? Or would it extend to far beyond the "vintage" realm?

I offered Google Books access to my magazine collection (and I'm local to them) and haven't heard back in months...

Default SEBHC group

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    Just curious..

I have a pile (3 banker boxes), of old REMARK and HUG (heath user group) mags..

Is there any where to send these to scan them.. They are too heavy to keep moving, but I can't bear to just pitch them with out atleast a record being made.. Lots of good info on the ancient heath and heath/zenith computers (h-8, h-89, pc clones). Can't even remember what date range these go over.

Google books would be perfect, but I can't find any way to submit items to them..
    Your best bet is here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sebhc...s?hl=en&start=

I made a post regarding your request, you might want to follow up on that...

ziloo

I will like to acquire the Sextant publications to preserve them.

My email is norby@koyado.com

Thanks,
    Norby

Quote Originally Posted by ziloo View Post
    Your best bet is here:

http://groups.google.com/group/sebhc...s?hl=en&start=

I made a post regarding your request, you might want to follow up on that...

ziloo
    Thanks for passing it on..

I joined the group, just waiting on the approval. The scary part of this will be the shipping

7. Default

I think this is a great idea. I've just returned to the world of vintage computing, with a TRS-80, and spent quite a while searching for information about it. I managed to download a lot of great information, from lots of different websites, and the person I bought the machine from included 2 fantastic CDs of manuals and newsletters - some of which I'd already downloaded. Now, my iPad had gigs of pdf's for me to read. I've also bought a few books from eBay that I'd be willing to scan and include on my website (and in your repository). Having one source to look at would be a great idea.

I was just wondering what the copyright situation was.

Here is great source to search.. vimdoc. sourceforge. net/