Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCF East 7.0 - May 14-15

Default VCF East 7.0 - May 14-15

Vintage Computer Festival East 7.0, May 14-15, InfoAge Science Center, Wall, New Jersey ..... web site and event details to follow ......

Cool! Right around the corner from Long Island, NY! Barring work related travel I will be there.
    Last edited by Erik; January 22nd, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Same here...and I'm planning on taking the train down, so I shouldn't get disrupted by travel problems this time!

@Evan: Also, my desktop is down, so any MARCH e-mails haven't been getting read. I think it's a power supply issue, but I've been traveling a lot for work and haven't had time to fix it. Why is it the vintage computers never seem to go down?!

I will likely be attending this year. I will try and convince my ex-boss to drive up from NC with his S-100 machine collection. He founded a company that built and sold S100 systems and peripherals and was an active member of ACGNJ for many years.

Blog Entries

I so want to do a Unix booth or something at VCF. Just setup a nice and complete set of networked Sun, SGI, NeXT, DEC, and IBM systems all running their flavors of Unix and build the booth around that.
    Dammit, why are these always so far away?
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    Dammit, why are these always so far away?
    The drive to NJ is beautiful though!
    Last edited by Erik; January 22nd, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

It would be great fun to have a 486 LAN Party whilst there. I love those old games!
    Last edited by Erik; January 22nd, 2011 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNY View Post
    It would be great fun to have a 486 LAN Party whilst there. I love those old games!
    Please tell me you are joking.

At the Vintage Computer Festival events, you won't find anything newer than a 186 (at least not on the microcomputer side -- perhaps some slightly newer minis or mobiles.)

Hmm...If only these events were about 14,000km closer.

Tez
    ------------------------------------------------
    My vintage collection: http://classic-computers.org.nz/collection/
    My vintage activities blog: http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/
    Twitter: @classiccomputNZ ; YouTube Videos: (click here)

You need think outside the metaphorical box. It's only 14,000km if you travel via the planet's perimeter. Tunnel though a chord instead. Much shorter that way!