Image Map Image Map

Thread: IBM Professional FORTRAN

Default IBM Professional FORTRAN

Hey guys,

My university was throwing out some IBM manuals, including two Professional FORTRAN (by Ryan-McFarland Corporation) binders. However, there were no disks in any of the manuals. Does anyone have the files/disks, and might anyone be willing to share those with me? I should now be able to make 5.25" disks with my new IBM PC/AT.

I also have the Microsoft FORTRAN manual, but same story: no disks.

There were about 15 or 20 manuals in total, all in quite good shape. I snagged them all and put them in a classroom so they wouldn't be thrown away. A few of them are already in my dorm, safe and sound. I'll probably be parting with some of the extras and ones I don't need. I seem to recall some manuals for a 3270 AT (which Wikipedia states would be identical to a 5181). There might be five of those (maybe a complete set?), including the maintenance manual. None of the manuals had disks, though...what a bummer!

Any help would be appreciated!

Kyle

Edit: It'd appear as though the Microsoft FORTRAN compiler requires three disks: FOR1, FOR2, and LIBRARY. FOR1 contains FOR1.EXE; FOR2, FOR2.EXE; and LIBRARY contains FORTRAN.LIB, FORTRAN.ARF, LINK.EXE, and DOS Sample Batch Procedures.

Professional FORTRAN contains two disks: PROFORT and LIBRARY. PROFORT has PROFORT.EXE, PROFORT.ERR, LIB.EXE, LINK.EXE, DEMO.FOR, and PROFVDI.LIB. LIBRARY contains just PROFORT.LIB and PROFDBG.LIB.
    Last edited by antiquekid3; January 20th, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Does anyone else have this software? Thanks!

Kyle

Default found the Professional FORTRAN (by Ryan-McFarland Corporation) compiler

Quote Originally Posted by antiquekid3 View Post
    Hey guys,

My university was throwing out some IBM manuals, including two Professional FORTRAN (by Ryan-McFarland Corporation) binders. However, there were no disks in any of the manuals. Does anyone have the files/disks, and might anyone be willing to share those with me? I should now be able to make 5.25" disks with my new IBM PC/AT.

Edit: It'd appear as though the Microsoft FORTRAN compiler requires three disks: FOR1, FOR2, and LIBRARY. FOR1 contains FOR1.EXE; FOR2, FOR2.EXE; and LIBRARY contains FORTRAN.LIB, FORTRAN.ARF, LINK.EXE, and DOS Sample Batch Procedures.

Professional FORTRAN contains two disks: PROFORT and LIBRARY. PROFORT has PROFORT.EXE, PROFORT.ERR, LIB.EXE, LINK.EXE, DEMO.FOR, and PROFVDI.LIB. LIBRARY contains just PROFORT.LIB and PROFDBG.LIB.
    I have the Professional FORTRAN (by Ryan-McFarland Corporation) program for IBM PC in a ZIP file. I used the compiler in back in 1986.

Thomas