Image Map Image Map

Thread: Commodore Datassette 1530

Default Commodore Datassette 1530

Hi, does anybody know roughly what diameter belt i would need for a C16 & Plus/4 Cassette deck please ?

Blog Entries

Do you have one? The cassette deck, I mean. If you do, do the fan belt trick and use a piece of string or fishing lure, wrap it around the pulleys that the belt goes, and measure it. Then find the appropriate belt. Works on a fan belt.

I can't vouch for the black 1531 (the Plus/4 model, 1530 is the VIC/64 and they're all called C2N after the first, square one) but I have a bunch of broken 1530's of which I opened one.

The belt from motor to tape is approximately 26-27 cm in diameter, unstretched. The belt from tape to counter is approx 19-20 cm. Neither is stretched a lot. I would believe the mechanism in 1530 and 1531 is the same, only different interface.
    Anders Carlsson

Thanks for you replies ... i think my memory in my head needs upgrading as i was sure the deck was a 1530 - i have a C16 and a Plus/4 and i've just found the cassette deck manuals this morning which tells me they are 1531 !

Yeah, i could theoretically measure the belt path and work out a diameter, but i was not sure how much to subtract for the stretch, if you see what i mean. The old belt i've removed measures roughly 8cm in diamater, but i guess that belt is a bit stretched and oversized (which is obviously why the deck is not working ! ), so i was trying to work out a suitable size ... i've ended up ordering a 7.5cm and a 6.6cm dia belt from a local electrical company ... i'm hoping one or the other will do the job.

Ah, sorry. When I wrote "diameter", I mean circumference.

So, a circumference of 26-27 cm equals a diameter of about 8.4 cm, and I don't think my belt was stretched beyond operation. I could plug in the drive to see that the tape is going.
    Anders Carlsson