Image Map Image Map

Thread: Please help to identify

Default Please help to identify

I got a bunch of old boards ,but i dont know what they are and can i get any money for that on ebay for them .Help TNX
    Sory for the image size

Do you know what kind of machine these boards came from? There don't seem to be any logo markings on them.
    They are handsome old boards and someone might want these to use, if they can be ID'd to the original computer type they were used in.

Your next choice would be to list these in the "Scrap-Gold" category on Ebay. Scrappers buy them for the Gold-recovery content in the connector fingers.

Blog Entries

If I were to guess, I'd say that it was part of a POS system or possibly a data entry system. Circa 1977-78.

Tnx for all your help

Definitely some kind of custom, single purpose system. I wouldn't sell those board for scrap though - lots of good parts on there. Put 'em up in the marketplace here, someone will be able to make use of them.

-Ian

Looks like hand-drawn traces, but done carefully. I could see collecting these in the same way people collect other hand-crafted items.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mark66j View Post
    Looks like hand-drawn traces, but done carefully. I could see collecting these in the same way people collect other hand-crafted items.
    That would be just about any PCB before about 1980. Laid out by hand by real people on mylar sheet using tape, ink and X-acto knives. Usually photo-reduced after that for the final mask.

But then IC masks were done that way for a long time, too.