Image Map Image Map
Page 217 of 219 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2189

Thread: For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

I just expect that if that HP and my IBM, if similarly spec'd, sold side-by-side, the IBM would sell first. I could be wrong. It doesn't matter much because I'm unlikely to sell the one that's put together, and the others may never get put back together.

I guess a better way to say it is that if I knew what the HP was worth, I'd know what the IBM was worth; I fully expect that it wouldn't be worth less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    That is an interesting argument that I have wondered about myself... I.E. at what point did IBM lose it's brand power. I always have thought the decline started around the 486 era.... At that point it didn't have to be an "IBM" any more and a Compaq, Dell, Zeos or G2K was fine. By the Pentium era IBM was making commodity machines and following others lead. In the used market the PC, XT and AT I think demand a premium vs. a clone.The PS/2s have their own subculture but outside of that I don't see a huge bidding war say for an IBM PC300GL. Others, I am sure, would disagree...
    I don't think IBM ever lost its brand power when it came to servers (quality wise), they just lost the public because of expensive as hell and no ISA/vlb slots on the PS/2 line and their cheaply made PS/1 line there after. IBM is still held in great regard for laptops before selling out to Lenovo.

There are people who either love high end white box (home built) machines or prefer to own on the big name brand machines to play with. And there are people who lusted after the dual PPro machines that only the big boys produced such as IBM of HP to name a few. You just don't have that many options for Socket 8 and they tend to be massive servers like the case of HP or cool desktops like the case of IBM.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Currently on Minneapolis/St. Paul CL. Have no idea what they are...

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...009852515.html

Looks like they have a port and holder for a light pen(?) on the front.

Heh. No idea what they are but certain that they are extremely "rare at this point".

Once upon a time, the internet sucked because it came through the phone. Now the phone sucks because it comes through the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ScutBoy View Post
    Currently on Minneapolis/St. Paul CL. Have no idea what they are...

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...009852515.html

Looks like they have a port and holder for a light pen(?) on the front.
    Wow, no idea what it might be but they look awesome. Maybe they were wall mounted?

Looks like something right out of an old scifi movie or nasa stock footage.

Weird? It would save me the trouble of building rack-mount brackets. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Hansberry View Post
    Coooooooooooool. If I hadn't just spent a bunch of money on IBM stuff, I'd totally drive to FoCo for this.