Image Map Image Map
Page 204 of 227 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2270

Thread: For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    (like blank tapes or AGP cards)
    I didn't catch that until stone mentioned it, but AGP cards are pretty cheap, even on eBay (you can almost always find them for under $10). No one wants them anymore.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    I didn't catch that until stone mentioned it, but AGP cards are pretty cheap, even on eBay (you can almost always find them for under $10). No one wants them anymore.
    Plenty of people want AGP cards depending on the brand and model. Go find me some Geforce 2/3 Ultra, Ti, or GTS cards for $10 for example.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Are you looking for anything in particular?
    Well aside from my list in the sig not at this time. However, for e.g. from the pictures posted I would have picked up the DC tapes and the Taravan tapes and maybe some RAM/AGP cards if I was there browsing. These are things I can always use and if the prices are cheap I don't mind having them in my little workshop. Many times I am setting up a system and either the RAM is missing, I need a bigger HDD, or I want to max out the system. So I have to hit up eBay and hope there is a decent price on parts and the seller is not insisting on shipping priority express or charging $10 FedEx (because that is who they are contracted with) for a stick of RAM. Having a place I can drive to locally and rummage around would be fun.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    Depends on the cards and also S&H. Add them up suddenly you are looking a $45 for a card plus waiting for it to arrive. eBay needs to swallow its pride and use Amazon as its logistic company. FedEx and UPS are killing them with their rates. USPS used to be good (and in some ways is still a nice deal) but they are getting there as well.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Plenty of people want AGP cards depending on the brand and model. Go find me some Geforce 2/3 Ultra, Ti, or GTS cards for $10 for example.
    What he said... The nice thing about a junker is that he puts it all in a pile and you can get lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Well, he said cheap AGP cards, there's wasn't a clarification on a specific type of AGP card. I just know that the cheapest cards are usually AGP, but I'm sure there are specific ones people are looking for. Good to know what those are though, I'll keep an eye out since i normally don't even look at agp when i see them.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    hahaha! It never ends even when you stop looking. Stuff finds you--and then what do you do? You wouldn't leave a kitten in the rain, would you? You wouldn't leave an IBM XT out in the rain, would you? Same thing in my book.
    These days I do. The nice thing about having been in the hobby for > decade is that if I run into an "problematic" seller I have no problem kicking them to the curb. Life is just too short to be dealing with people's egos when you are paying them money. As an aside I could never buy a house in today's market eithr - I hear people are writing letters to the sellers telling tem how great a fit they would be for the house. As if paying ridiculous prices isn't enough... Oh well...

Reasonable prices on those disks and lol on the 'none of you weirdos coming to my house' for the box of stuff.

Blog Entries