Image Map Image Map
Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2189

Thread: For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    To bad its the wrong Lincoln Park. That is a great price for that system (assuming it really works and the extent of moisture damage...)
    I'd jump on this thing but have absolutely no place to set it up. Shipping would probably be a killer. It looks to be in pretty good shape.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

I live very close to Lincoln Park. Tempting for sure. If only it was MCA and not EISA
    Looking For:
    IBM PS/2 8595 Motherboard
    MCA sound card (will pay big bucks)
    IBM PC Server 720/others

Diskless TRS-80 Model III for $125 in Portland. Looks to be in pretty good shape:

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...009664508.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culbrelai View Post
    I live very close to Lincoln Park. Tempting for sure. If only it was MCA and not EISA
    Unless I am mistaken isn't that dual Pentium Pro server? If so $40 is a steal.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

What would the normal price be? I've got at least one similar machine that are probably worth more due to brand recognition; but I've no idea what they're worth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    What would the normal price be? I've got at least one similar machine that are probably worth more due to brand recognition; but I've no idea what they're worth at all.
    More brand recognition then HP?
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

More brand recognition then HP?
    IBM.

JavaScript says that's too short.

IBM.

JavaScript says that's too short.
    I beg to disagree. I think HP has as much brand recognition as IBM. It would be like saying more people recognize Coke vs. Pepsi....
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

I beg to disagree. I think HP has as much brand recognition as IBM. It would be like saying more people recognize Coke vs. Pepsi....
    Not my point though. Old Chevies sell for more than old Buicks.

Not my point though. Old Chevies sell for more than old Buicks.
    That is an interesting argument that I have wondered about myself... I.E. at what point did IBM lose it's brand power. I always have thought the decline started around the 486 era.... At that point it didn't have to be an "IBM" any more and a Compaq, Dell, Zeos or G2K was fine. By the Pentium era IBM was making commodity machines and following others lead. In the used market the PC, XT and AT I think demand a premium vs. a clone.The PS/2s have their own subculture but outside of that I don't see a huge bidding war say for an IBM PC300GL. Others, I am sure, would disagree...