Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Telnet BBS HELP!!

Cool ASCII. I tried connecting, connected but could not get past the logon screen. None of the menu options worked for me...
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Hmm strange. Are you using Hyperterm to TELNET? I havent had any issues and a couple other people have connected successfully. Is it not accepting key-presses when you type? The C, N, G, I, or L should work. If you have time try it again using caps and lower-case (though both should work).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss4272 View Post
    Hmm strange. Are you using Hyperterm to TELNET? I havent had any issues and a couple other people have connected successfully. Is it not accepting key-presses when you type? The C, N, G, I, or L should work. If you have time try it again using caps and lower-case (though both should work).
    Tried it using SecureCRT. Tried lower and upper cases as well as all the menu options. No go. Maybe I am not emulating something right?
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

I've never used SecureCRT before, so I'm afraid I cant help on that end. ANSI emulation should work fine, or I assume CRT has an auto-detect feature. If you're on an XP system you can try using the DOS telnet client.. pull up the C:/ prompt then just type telnet heatwavebbs.com

I've tried that, HyperTerminal, and NetTerm and they work fine. I haven't had a chance to telnet in from a Unix based system yet though.

I don't think 7 comes with either. I'll mess around w/ it some more and let you know.

Looked into it and I guess Win7 and Vista do have a Telnet client, however by default it is notenabled, so you have to go in an manually do it (there are simple guides if you Google it).

*(thanks for the call BlueThunder!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss4272 View Post
    Looked into it and I guess Win7 and Vista do have a Telnet client, however by default it is notenabled, so you have to go in an manually do it (there are simple guides if you Google it).

*(thanks for the call BlueThunder!)
    I know Vista required manual install for a telnet client but I was under the impression it was completely dropped from Win 7. I'll check around...

Well, I talked about getting that 386 to run the telnet BBS. I have given up for now. But, I have set up one on syncronet bbs software. If you want to check it out, here is the telnet address. I currently have 2 LORD games and tradewars. Use the mtel client, the one built into windows kinda stinks.

Download Mtel:
    http://www.telnetbbsguide.com/mtelb12.zip

BBS Address:
    cpanel.darktech.org
    - Atari 1040 ST
    - IBM 5150
    - IBM 5170
    - Laser Pal/286
    - Hyundai 386sx-20