Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: AT2XT keyboard converter

I am having an odd bug/issue with my AT2XT.
    I am using Sergey's Micro8088 and the AT2XT that is part of the design.
    Most everything seems to be working correctly except...

Shift + arrow keys.
    If I use the numpad, shift+arrow keys work as expected in edit.com and other text editors to highlight text.
    If I use the inverted T arrow keys, shift+arrow key acts as if shift is not being held and the cursor moves with no highlighting.

I am setup to convert my CF card to a virtual disk image and back, all of that works reliably. So using the exact same drive image & utilities, shift + inverted T arrows works as expected in VirtualBox, so I'm left pointing fingers at the AT2XT.

Is this a known issue, is this something I missed in configuration?

Thank you.

I found references to this problem online. The only suggestion was to upgrade from 0.94 to 0.1d. I've tried that with no change to the shift + inverted T arrow keys behavior.

I may be expecting behavior that can't happen or otherwise misunderstand AT2XT, as I have a key scanning program which shows some odd behaviour of the shift key pressing itself when using the inverted T arrow keys, so I'm guessing the AT2XT is translating the arrow keys into num pad arrow presses depending if Numlock is on or not.
    Last edited by TheDrip; Yesterday at 02:26 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    Member schnurzel came up with some alternative firmware for the converter's PIC chip. It maybe the answer. Available at [here].

You will need a device that can program the firmware into the 12F629 PIC chip. Alternatively, some of the people/companies at [here] could supply a programmed 12F629 for you.
    The alternate firmware above worked great with my Tandy 1000 SL/E.

Just wanted to let everyone to know - try that firmware if you have a Tandy 1000 SL/TL/RL/RLX system.