Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AT2XT keyboard converter

Quote Originally Posted by tonata View Post
    I found this keyboard: key tronics E03602 EL FR (french one).

It seems XT compatible, but these are not switches on the second photo. Instead there are 3 holes. Do I need to solder switches myself? For XT compatibility I have to connect the 3 of them? It is not clear to me how to configure it.
    I also have an AT-class Key Tronic keyboard (a different model to yours) that is similar; no switch soldered on. When I added a suitable switch, it made no difference. It appears that at some point, Key Tronic decided to drop support for the XT protocol, by removing the XT related code in the keyboard's ROM, and removing the XT-AT switch (but kept using the same case).

Your Key Tronic keyboard may be the same (i.e. adding a switch does nothing).

If you want to try adding a switch, you would need to pull the keyboard apart to investigate further (e.g. determine size restrictions for switch, holes for switch pins, ...)

The white outline on the PCB suggests a slide type of switch. An example (repeat: example) is shown at [here].

( BTW. The 'PCs and clones' forum would have been a better place for your post. )

Quote Originally Posted by gekaufman View Post
    I've had a few emails lately asking about PC boards and assembled units. I got a bit carried away and ordered/built up a batch of these with 3D printed cases etc. I still have some spares if anyone is looking for one.

- Gary
    How much for a complete unit (if you have more left)?

-Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by gekaufman View Post
    I've had a few emails lately asking about PC boards and assembled units. I got a bit carried away and ordered/built up a batch of these with 3D printed cases etc. I still have some spares if anyone is looking for one.

- Gary
    How much for a complete unit (if you have any left)?
    -Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by that1crzywhtguy View Post
    How much for a complete unit (if you have more left)?
    -Sterling
    I do have a handful left.
    I've been asking $40 for an assembled, tested unit with midi cable and 3D printed case (plus actual postage). Less if you are looking for more than one.

- Gary

Hey, everyone -

I have an amazingly good build of this from a gentleman in Bulgaria - and it appears to be pretty awesome. I'm using it on my Tandy 1000 SL/E (which uses the XT protocol), and am having issues with missing keypresses, and some keypresses not showing the correct character. I'm using a Mitsumi PS/2 keyboard (with an AT adapter) - beige. I've also tried a five pin DIN AT keyboard (which was confirmed working on another system). Both keyboards exhibit the same results. Note, that this is a Tandy which accepts a Tandy 1000 101 Key enhanced keyboard, so it's not the original Tandy keyboard.

Any suggestions to where I can start figuring out what's going on?

Edit: Here's the unit https://www.ebay.com/itm/283738884563?ul_noapp=true - The seller sent me directly to this thread saying he used the design from here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by acadiel; October 12th, 2020 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
    Any suggestions to where I can start figuring out what's going on?
    Member schnurzel came up with some alternative firmware for the converter's PIC chip. It maybe the answer. Available at [here].

You will need a device that can program the firmware into the 12F629 PIC chip. Alternatively, some of the people/companies at [here] could supply a programmed 12F629 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    Member schnurzel came up with some alternative firmware for the converter's PIC chip. It maybe the answer. Available at [here].

You will need a device that can program the firmware into the 12F629 PIC chip. Alternatively, some of the people/companies at [here] could supply a programmed 12F629 for you.
    Thanks!

My 844USB can program those - I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post

I've got the chips and programmer, but I'm a bit stuck at what I need to care about at this screen... have any guidance? Thanks!

options_pic.png

Quote Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
    I've got the chips and programmer, but I'm a bit stuck at what I need to care about at this screen... have any guidance? Thanks!
    I am unfamiliar with that programmer, but the operation should be as simple as read in the HEX file, then program the chip.

Blog Entries

You want to check the "User program" and "Configuration" boxes. Leave the rest alone, particularly OSCCAL, which is set at the factory.