Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AT2XT keyboard converter

Quote Originally Posted by tonata View Post
    I found this keyboard: key tronics E03602 EL FR (french one).

It seems XT compatible, but these are not switches on the second photo. Instead there are 3 holes. Do I need to solder switches myself? For XT compatibility I have to connect the 3 of them? It is not clear to me how to configure it.
    I also have an AT-class Key Tronic keyboard (a different model to yours) that is similar; no switch soldered on. When I added a suitable switch, it made no difference. It appears that at some point, Key Tronic decided to drop support for the XT protocol, by removing the XT related code in the keyboard's ROM, and removing the XT-AT switch (but kept using the same case).

Your Key Tronic keyboard may be the same (i.e. adding a switch does nothing).

If you want to try adding a switch, you would need to pull the keyboard apart to investigate further (e.g. determine size restrictions for switch, holes for switch pins, ...)

The white outline on the PCB suggests a slide type of switch. An example (repeat: example) is shown at [here].

( BTW. The 'PCs and clones' forum would have been a better place for your post. )

Quote Originally Posted by gekaufman View Post
    I've had a few emails lately asking about PC boards and assembled units. I got a bit carried away and ordered/built up a batch of these with 3D printed cases etc. I still have some spares if anyone is looking for one.

- Gary
    How much for a complete unit (if you have more left)?

-Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by gekaufman View Post
    I've had a few emails lately asking about PC boards and assembled units. I got a bit carried away and ordered/built up a batch of these with 3D printed cases etc. I still have some spares if anyone is looking for one.

- Gary
    How much for a complete unit (if you have any left)?
    -Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by that1crzywhtguy View Post
    How much for a complete unit (if you have more left)?
    -Sterling
    I do have a handful left.
    I've been asking $40 for an assembled, tested unit with midi cable and 3D printed case (plus actual postage). Less if you are looking for more than one.

- Gary