Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AT2XT keyboard converter

I tested this AT to XT keyboard converter with Juko ST motherboard and a PS2 keyboard. Almost everything works well, including SHIFT, CAPS LOCK and CTRL keys. However, I have a minor problem. When playing Prince of Persia 1 on this XT using the converter, the SHIFT key is not recognized and I can't take small steps by pressing SHIFT+Arrow key. If I do that, the prince will still take a normal step as if SHIFT wasn't pressed. The SHIFT key works well in the same game (for example, when drinking a potion), in MS-DOS and also in other apps so I am not sure what the issue is.

Does anyone have the same problem?

You might get a more definitive answer by borrowing an XT keyboard.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    You might get a more definitive answer by borrowing an XT keyboard.
    Nobody around here owns an XT keyboard. The only XT keyboard that I have here has many dead keys and can't really be used. eBay wants at least $100+ for an XT keyboard in unknown condition. I believe the SHIFT key issue is timing-related, e.g. Prince of Persia makes some assumption on timings to detect Shift-Arrow combinations, which work well with an original keyboard but not with the converter.

Quote Originally Posted by mdanh2002 View Post
    eBay wants at least $100+ for an XT keyboard in unknown condition.
    I just looked and there were plenty of XT keyboards under $50. Some were as low as $10.99. These are working keyboards.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I just looked and there were plenty of XT keyboards under $50. Some were as low as $10.99. These are working keyboards.
    Well, those don't show up when I search eBay here from Singapore. Maybe those do not ship to Singapore hence they don't show up.

The only thing I find is this, for almost US$100 with shipping to Singapore:

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Vintage-...kAAOSwaeRZJNcH

Can you post the eBay link?
    Last edited by mdanh2002; June 20th, 2018 at 06:14 AM.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...board&_sacat=0

Alternatively I have some XT keyboards -- but the shipping would be high.

Stone - quit the badgering already.

Quote Originally Posted by mdanh2002 View Post
    I tested this AT to XT keyboard converter with Juko ST motherboard and a PS2 keyboard. Almost everything works well, including SHIFT, CAPS LOCK and CTRL keys. However, I have a minor problem. When playing Prince of Persia 1 on this XT using the converter, the SHIFT key is not recognized and I can't take small steps by pressing SHIFT+Arrow key. If I do that, the prince will still take a normal step as if SHIFT wasn't pressed. The SHIFT key works well in the same game (for example, when drinking a potion), in MS-DOS and also in other apps so I am not sure what the issue is.
    Does anyone have the same problem?
    In post #493 of the AT2XTKB development thread, member schnurzel posted some alternative code for the AT2XTKB.
    The link to that post is [here].
    In the later posts of #499 and #528, other members reported that the alternative code fixed some issues.
    Maybe you should try that code.

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    In post #493 of the AT2XTKB development thread, member schnurzel posted some alternative code for the AT2XTKB.
    The link to that post is [here].
    In the later posts of #499 and #528, other members reported that the alternative code fixed some issues.
    Maybe you should try that code.
    Thanks for the link! Let me try with the updated code ...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    The links to the firmware above had been broken for a while. @Erik, can you please fix these links or remove them altogether (the firmware is in the XTATKEY_094.zip)?