The Compaq Portable III was the third model in Compaq's line of portable computers. The screen pivots for a comfortable viewing angle. The keyboard does attach to the screen when it is being transported. The only expansions available for it is an internal 1200 baud modem and an external expansion chasis (model 2662A) that holds two full length cards. Like other older Compaq computers, the internal BIOS settings can only be changed or configured via the use of a diagnostic disk.
Here's the specs,
1. Model: 2660
2. Year introduced: 1987
3. CPU: Intel 80286
4. RAM: 640k base memory. Expandable up to 2048kb.
5. Storage: 20mb or 40mb Conner hard drive. 1.2mb 5.25 floppy drive.
6. Ports: RGB, Parallel, Serial.
7. Display: 10" red gas plasma screen.
8. OS: Compaq DOS 3.31.
9. Original Price: $4,999.00 with 20mb hard drive.
$5,799.00 with 40mb hard drive.