Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New video: My daughter playing King's Quest on my PCjr.

Default New video: My daughter playing King's Quest on my PCjr.

Thanks to a couple forum members here, my daughter is now addicted to King's Quest, so I had to share.

http://gallery.me.com/ehurtley#100474

- Vimeo link not active quite yet, MobileMe link to die in a few months. :-/
    Apple ][+ through Retina MacBook Pro, 5150 PC through Core i7 8870/GeForce GTX 1080Ti and quad Itanium 9150M, and many in between.
    Newton, Palm 1000, Palm V, N-Gage, Tapwave Zodiac, iPhone, iPhone X.
    Intellivision, Game Boy through 3DS, Wii, XBone

That's awesome... I wish I had a PCjr monitor to match my jr. Also, I tried to get my 9 year old daughter into King's Quest on the Atari ST, but the disks are corrupt.

Blog Entries

Awesome! Wish I could have gotten my older one to play adventure games, I think she would have enjoyed them but its hard to sell those graphics to the PS3 generation.

Cute kid to man.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

I take it that the box arrived in good condition and you were happy with the contents.

Don't forget to update the feedback page at the marketplace ...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Freak View Post
    Thanks to a couple forum members here, my daughter is now addicted to King's Quest, so I had to share
    Very cool, dude! I'm so glad that particular Jr found a good home! Curious - did your KQ come from Mike Brutman on the VCM, or did you have to resort to fleabay? (I'm still looking for versions that included the keyboard overlays for my Sierra collection, but have two copies of the game w/o the overlays)

Nice find on the first-release KQII w/ the gatefold cover, as well. Those are getting harder and harder to find, and are pulling more and more at auction lately (sadly, it and KQ3 are two of the gatefold 1st-releases I'm missing from the collection)

Quote Originally Posted by lotonah View Post
    That's awesome... I wish I had a PCjr monitor to match my jr. Also, I tried to get my 9 year old daughter into King's Quest on the Atari ST, but the disks are corrupt.
    Don't forget that Atari ST images can be written on a DOS machine. Google is your friend and can help people find many such things...
    Last edited by Maverick1978; August 23rd, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
    ---
    Currently seeking:
    * Roland MPU-401/AT (with daughter card header)
    * Magitronic K-156 Keyboard (5pin DIN w/ XT-AT switch)
    I also collect PC and C64 Sierra On-Line software!

Aww, so adorable...you're raising her right, man. Good for you.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1978 View Post
    Very cool, dude! I'm so glad that particular Jr found a good home! Curious - did your KQ come from Mike Brutman on the VCM, or did you have to resort to fleabay? (I'm still looking for versions that included the keyboard overlays for my Sierra collection, but have two copies of the game w/o the overlays)

Nice find on the first-release KQII w/ the gatefold cover, as well. Those are getting harder and harder to find, and are pulling more and more at auction lately (sadly, it and KQ3 are two of the gatefold 1st-releases I'm missing from the collection)
    Yeah, KQ2 still has its cellophane with original $39.99 price tag on it! (I can't open the gatefold for the cellophane, and I'm not sure I WANT to remove the cellophane.)

Also have the wonderful Infocom "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" complete with all original accessories. (The "Don't Panic" button is on my hat, though.) *SOMEWHERE* I have the boxed "Zork Trilogy" with all original accessories; except the Zorkmid, it's my 'lucky coin'.
    Apple ][+ through Retina MacBook Pro, 5150 PC through Core i7 8870/GeForce GTX 1080Ti and quad Itanium 9150M, and many in between.

Did you win that KQ2 copy on ebay a few weeks ago? - I seem to remember seeing one that had cellophane and the original price sticker on it. I was just edged out on that one

Again, glad to see that the Jr found a good home, and glad to see that your daughter's enjoying it!
    ---
    Currently seeking:
    * Roland MPU-401/AT (with daughter card header)
    * Magitronic K-156 Keyboard (5pin DIN w/ XT-AT switch)
    I also collect PC and C64 Sierra On-Line software!

No, found it on another auction site, "Bonanza". Was hesitant to buy it there, having never heard of the site before, but it was cheap.

Out of curiosity, what did it sell for on eBay?

Blog Entries

Nice video. I find it hard sometimes to get younger kids to play older games, but you made it work!
    ~Ian~

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.