Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gateway 2000 P5-75

That brings back memories, I used to run the UK service department for these Gateways until they pulled back out of the market.

Thanks for the review.

I also have another Gateway Tower which I am deciding whether to sell or recycle. It is a Pro SP 4-1400 (Listed by Belarc Advisor as E-4600), 1.40 GHz Pentium 4 Processor, 8 kb primary memory, 250 GB secondary memory, 768 MB Ram, _NEC NR-7700A [CD-ROM drive], LG CD-ROM CRD-8483B R/W, 3.5" [Floppy drive], IOMEGA ZIP 250 [Hard drive]. Very good to Excellent Condition. Hard Drive has gone bad.

Saw SP4 - 1500 for sale on EBay for $315.10

Opinion?

Saw SP4 - 1500 for sale on EBay for $315.10

Opinion?
    My opinion is that whoever is trying to sell one of those things for $315 must be on some very, very powerful drugs. Nobody is going to buy it at that price. Nobody is going to buy it at half, or even a quarter of that price. They're too slow to be useful, but too new to be retro. They may get a bit more attention in a few years just due to the fact that they use RDRAM and the unusual (and short lived) Socket 423, but at this point, they're $20 machines, at best. The memory is worth saving, the Zip drive could be handy, and maybe the optical drives if you happen to need some. The rest of it... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Thrashbarg View Post
    My opinion is that whoever is trying to sell one of those things for $315 must be on some very, very powerful drugs.
    $315! I agree, who knows what they're on... I can see someone who needs it paying $20-$30 for the RAM, and maybe $5-$10 for the Zip drive. The rest of the machine probably isn't worth that much. To illustrate, about a year ago I picked up a Dell Dimension at a church garage sale with a 1.6 GHz Pentium 4, 1 CD drive, 512 MB RAM, a floppy drive and a broken HDD. I only payed $2.