Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple A/UX

Unhappy Apple A/UX

Hello,

I am trying to update my iicx running a/ux 2.0 to 2.0.1 in order to move the disk to my iisi, but I have realized that update disks 3 and 7 are corrupt.

Does anybody have these and can image it?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Are you using original disks or some kind of archive from the net?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Are you using original disks or some kind of archive from the net?
    I have disk copies I did almost 20 years ago. Is there any source on the net?

Thanks

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have it up for download like some of their older software (though they do have an update to the X server for A/UX 3.0.) Macintosh Garden has A/UX 2.0 and a page for A/UX 3.0 with some torrent links on it, there's also A/UX Server Penelope which has some downloads. I don't know if any of this is what you need, but there you go.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
    Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have it up for download like some of their older software (though they do have an update to the X server for A/UX 3.0.) Macintosh Garden has A/UX 2.0 and a page for A/UX 3.0 with some torrent links on it, there's also A/UX Server Penelope which has some downloads. I don't know if any of this is what you need, but there you go.
    What I need is the update from 2.0 to 2.0.1 (that added support for the iisi)

Thanks.

There is a floppy version of A/UX on the VCFA - ftp://themacarchive.net/uploads/

user: guest
    pass: guest

I don't remember if it is version 2.0 or 2.0.1 - Barring that, A/UX 3.0 should run fine on your IIsi
    Last edited by scott-k; September 11th, 2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: ...added username & password for the ftp

Quote Originally Posted by scott-k View Post
    There is a floppy version of A/UX on the VCFA - ftp://themacarchive.net/uploads/

user: guest
    pass: guest

I don't remember if it is version 2.0 or 2.0.1 - Barring that, A/UX 3.0 should run fine on your IIsi
    Thanks, but it is version 2.0.

I have found this:
    http://computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/apple-aux/2.0.1/
    The good news is that I dont need disk 7. Bad news is disk 3 is not there.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by nozomi View Post
    I have found this:
    http://computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/apple-aux/2.0.1/
    The good news is that I dont need disk 7. Bad news is disk 3 is not there.
    CD-Install floppy images.... But no CD image.
    http://old-os.ucoz.com/load/unix/aux_201/5-1-0-40

Blog Entries

Hmm... will A/UX run on a SE/30?
    Torfinn

Wikipedia says yes, apparently.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup