Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today: a ND-100/CX Compact computer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pontus View Post
    I don't know much about the simulator. But the PDF you found is definitely related. How do I know that? Well, the physical description is spot on, I know the fellow who ported the software to GNU/Linux and I know the simulator was used for teaching students about nuclear physics.
    Aha! Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pontus
    Also, If you'd like a network card or other parts I could get you in touch with Göran in Umeĺ. He is the mother lode of ND in Sweden
    Yes, please, I would like that very much.
    Torfinn

Blog Entries

Some years later: I finally managed to test the floppy drive in another ND machine - it doesn't work there either.
    (testing the floppy drive from the other ND machine in this machine is not tested yet - I don't have any spare 1.2 M 5.25 inch floppy drives)
    Torfinn

A number of years later... here is the big machine they mention earlier in the thread.
    http://www.ndwiki.org/wiki/ND-500_Serial_062

Nothing has been done to that yet. It's been moved with the rest of my collection to a house an hours drive outside of town. I have a dedicated room for the large machines there and it will get some love some day. I really want to get the disk up and running to see if the code for the nuclear power plant simulator is left intact.

Göran