Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iomega Zip Tools for DOS, WFW311, Win95

Default Iomega Zip Tools for DOS, WFW311, Win95

On my usual weekly trip to my local used store a couple days ago I found some Zip-100 discs for 10 cents each and grabbed em anyway, cheap and useful to have (My pentium3 machine has a Zip-100 drive). Turned out that with one disc I got more than I bargained for: The original old Zip Tools software.

I have.. Iomega Zip Tools for MS-DOS, Windows 3.11, and Windows 95.

I've scanned this software for viruses with AVG 2012, and Avast! Pro 5.xx, none found.

Edit: I went and got it off the disc today and realized it's 22mb, so I went ahead and put it on my web server.

Link: http://www.outfoxed.net/iomega/Iomega_Zip_Tools.rar
    Last edited by kithylin; February 5th, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

I love my ZIP drives, have two USB ones, and a bakers dozen of LPT1: versions.. (like 5, 6, or 7..)..

I love being able to dump stuff into my old computers quickly, and back again.

~Paul

Yeah parallel drives were slow but a damn nice solution to copy files off older x86 systems.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

The read-me files talk about Jaz drives, but not Zip drives. Have you tried these with a Zip drive yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomasont View Post
    The read-me files talk about Jaz drives, but not Zip drives. Have you tried these with a Zip drive yet?
    IIRC the guest utility will work with both Jaz and Zip drives (depending on the version).

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by tomasont View Post
    Yes, I've used them with an IDE/EIDE Zip-100 drive in Win98 on my Pentium3, they worked good for it. I haven't tried the dos/WFW311 side though.

Blog Entries

Saw a bunch of ZIP 250 drives at the landfill recycle shop the other day - bought a USB one for $1. Previously bought a parallell ZIP 100 for $3. Useful software vector between old systems. Have a SCSI ZIP100 for old Macs as well.

Got it, thanks. Just what I was looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by clh333 View Post
    Got it, thanks. Just what I was looking for...
    I have to ask why in the name of.. everything, you decided to dig up and respond to a 3-year-old thread?

I mean, I appericate your thanks, but.. still. This is called "Necro'ing" in the internet forums, and in general is a pretty bad thing to do. I meant, it's not some rule or anything. Just in general, doing this in any forum website is considered bad internet etiquette and usually frowned upon.

However, yes, I do maintain the web server and continue to keep the file both hosted and in the correct location for this thread, and should still be available for everyone. I still see downloads from it a few times per month in my web server logs too.

Quote Originally Posted by kithylin View Post
    I have to ask why in the name of.. everything, you decided to dig up and respond to a 3-year-old thread?
    Your V-C post from February 2012 was returned in a Google search for "Iomega Tools". I have several ZIP 100 drives and a Bernoulli, and I was looking for a way to create a bootable zip drive; none of my disks had the tool suite on them. I followed the link, found and downloaded the contents, and since I was already logged in to the forum, posted my thanks for maintaining the link.

Sorry if I offended anyone by bringing up an old topic. Hope you feel better soon.