Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iomega Zip Tools for DOS, WFW311, Win95

I think we'll all survive the incident ... don't worry about it.

Cheers,
    Mike

It's fine really!

I'm glad it actually helped someone out there.

That is why I originally posted that up here, to help folks trying to use old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kithylin View Post
    It's fine really!

I'm glad it actually helped someone out there.

That is why I originally posted that up here, to help folks trying to use old stuff.
    It's funny how time flies. I wanted to test a Zip drive recently and I couldn't even figure how to hook it up. Before you laugh too hard ...

• It's SCSI, so it requires a different cable than the parallel port versions.
    • I couldn't remember which port on the back was which. (It has a pass-through to the next SCSI device.)

And of course, like a dummy, I forgot to check the underside of the drive which had a label that explained everything ...

So its been about three years since some one necroposted in this thread. Seems like its time:

Anyone remember how Zip SCSI works? i.e. Do you still need guest.exe? Is there another driver? Or is it all handled through the ASPI driver? I just installed a ZIP SCSI 100 internal in a 486-33 and for the life of me can't remember what I need to access the drive!

EDIT: Never mind. Found the DOSSTUFF directory...
    Last edited by Shadow Lord; October 10th, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

I don't know exactly how to use it.. I think you figured it out. I'm still dutifully keeping the file hosted on my personal private web server all this time though.