Image Map Image Map
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: XTIDE Universal BIOS v2.0.0 beta testing thread

Quote Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
    This smacks of CF IDE adapter compatibility to me, grab one of these and retest - I've had 100% success with these adapters used with an IDE extension cable.
    It does to me in a way, It's pot luck with those cheap chinese adapters, They either don't work or work and die after some use, The one you linked to, I've thrown more of those in the bin than any other but like i said it's pot luck, I've found the most reliable of the cheapo adapters are the ones that PePe-fr is using, I have a few of those and had no problems, I've found the adapters from E-Engines are pretty good, I have another i've had for several years but can't think of the manufaturer but they were a tad more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    It does to me in a way, It's pot luck with those cheap chinese adapters, They either don't work or work and die after some use, The one you linked to, I've thrown more of those in the bin than any other but like i said it's pot luck, I've found the most reliable of the cheapo adapters are the ones that PePe-fr is using, I have a few of those and had no problems, I've found the adapters from E-Engines are pretty good, I have another i've had for several years but can't think of the manufaturer but they were a tad more expensive.
    Bizarre, I've bought a dozen of those and had zero failures, they also work with even the cheapest Chinese CF cards.
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System + Roland MT-32 & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters for EX, HX, SX, SL, TX & TL etc