Image Map Image Map
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: XTIDE Universal BIOS v2.0.0 beta testing thread

I've had success with XTIDE on 2 different VLB machines with VLB controllers, both 486 (SX33 and DX2/66), as long as I configure the ISA network card (A UMC one) correctly, that's away from other addresses (like sound cards, SCSI cards and so on) and as long as the start address is set to d000h it works fine every time. So the problem was in the Google download after all. I did run the config tool on the target machines, but autoconfig does not work for me, but I just set it by hand and it's ok every time now.
    Now sorting out memory problems on the DX2 mainboard, but that's not related to XTIDE as memtest also fails without the NIC.

Quote Originally Posted by irix View Post
    I've had success with XTIDE on 2 different VLB machines with VLB controllers,
    I've even got a Lo-tech Compact flash controller working in a K6-III+ 500 with ISA, PCI & AGP! It's seriously flexible!
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System + Roland MT-32 & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

Quote Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
    I've even got a Lo-tech Compact flash controller working in a K6-III+ 500 with ISA, PCI & AGP! It's seriously flexible!
    I don't like Compact Flash in a pc. I tried it running Windows 95, but it stalls every now and then for 10-20 seconds, really annoying. Now I only work with small (8gb) ssd drives and they work very well.
    Not only on really old pcs like 486, but also on p3 type pcs and even Amigas like them.

Quote Originally Posted by irix View Post
    I don't like Compact Flash in a pc. I tried it running Windows 95, but it stalls every now and then for 10-20 seconds, really annoying. Now I only work with small (8gb) ssd drives and they work very well.
    Not only on really old pcs like 486, but also on p3 type pcs and even Amigas like them.
    I only used it temporarily to setup some c.f. Cards while I was waiting for my Tandy 1000ex computer to arrive.
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System + Roland MT-32 & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

Quote Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
    I only used it temporarily to setup some c.f. Cards while I was waiting for my Tandy 1000ex computer to arrive.
    Cool, well, they do work, but for me they're never a permanent solution.
    Currently I've made a step into the memory problem, on another (same make & model) mainboard the memorytests all pass. So there are config (probably jumper related) problems on the other 2 boards.