Image Map Image Map
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: XTIDE Universal BIOS v2.0.0 beta testing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    That's a problem, because I can't boot into 6.22 from any machine with a 5.25 floppy. Hmmm.
    How about if I give you a link to an image that you can copy to your PC and extract it right from there onto a floppy?
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How about if I give you a link to an image that you can copy to your PC and extract it right from there onto a floppy?
    Thanks, but I managed to do it by finding a minimal dos 6.22 image and dskimage.exe for dos, transferring them over to the 5150, and writing the image directly from the 5150.

Finally! The only problem is that the 6.22 version of xcopy still does NOT have the /h flag. Now why did I think it did have it?

Finally! The only problem is that the 6.22 version of xcopy still does NOT have the /h flag. Now why did I think it did have it?
    I dunno... I would have thought it did as well. But you are right -- it doesn't.

Grab a copy of XXCOPY16 and use that. It's a third party program and is not DOS dependant.

There's also a FreeDOS XCOPY that I've been using which has the /H switch.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

I dunno... I would have thought it did as well. But you are right -- it doesn't.

Grab a copy of XXCOPY16 and use that. It's a third party program and is not DOS dependant.

There's also a FreeDOS XCOPY that I've been using which has the /H switch.
    XXCOPY16 does look comprehensive. Dizzying array of options. It does seem to have a switch set called /clone which seems to be a good option for exactly what I want to do.

Freedos looks like I'd need to install it, so I think I'll try xxcopy16.

Thanks!

XXCOPY16 does look comprehensive. Dizzying array of options. It does seem to have a switch set called /clone which seems to be a good option for exactly what I want to do.

Freedos looks like I'd need to install it, so I think I'll try xxcopy16.

Thanks!
    XXCOPY16 also has the /H switch in addition to the /clone switch!

The XCOPY I have from Freedos does not need to be installed.

XXCOPY16 also has the /H switch in addition to the /clone switch!

The XCOPY I have from Freedos does not need to be installed.

Thanks for the link! I'll keep that in my PC box of tools for the future.

I used XXCOPY16, and it did what I needed, and seems to have worked.

Thanks again for all your help.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637