Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy Mac 128K

Also to clarify, the user "mactwiggy" that posted here is *NOT* the current seller of it. mactwiggy posted on another forum that he sold it to the current owner/eBay seller.
    Apple ][+ through iMac i5, 5150 PC through dual Xeon W5580 and quad Itanium 9150M, and many in between.
    Newton, Palm V, N-Gage, Tapwave Zodiac, iPhone, iPhone 7.
    Intellivision, Game Boy through 3DS, Wii, XBone

Blog Entries

Hmm, does his shipping amount include shipping the thing to the ISS? If not then it is a bit off... I also doubt he will get $100k for it, it is rare but I simply don't think there is that much demand for it.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

I'm a bit hesitant to ask if there are any vintage computers worth $100k.

Quote Originally Posted by raifield View Post
    I'm a bit hesitant to ask if there are any vintage computers worth $100k.
    Yes, but not consumer microcomputers.

Just about any complete 1960's mainframe from IBM, Burroughs or CDC could be sold for at least that much today
    since almost all of them were scrapped when the price of gold went through the roof in the 70's.

the 1500 shipping cost probably includes an all expense paid trip for the seller from Canada to any where in the US.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    Just about any complete 1960's mainframe from IBM, Burroughs or CDC could be sold for at least that much today since almost all of them were scrapped when the price of gold went through the roof in the 70's.
    Or they were leased, not purchased, or exchanged for an upgrade with the manufacturer. CDC in particular had a company policy of reducing any equipment taken out of service to rubble (bolt cutters and hammers). This arose from the discovery of a site with a system made up of many "gray market" components. Apparently, Bob Price hit the roof when news got to him that CDC was competing against components it sold to scrapyards.

I wonder if this is the same CDC I was working for before I worked at Evanstan/Northwestern. I worked for a company that dealt with trade shows, mostly selling refurbished technology. Was my first real tech job where I Was subcontracted, I would image and build systems from their mounds of parts. Name of the company was CDC, located in Rosemont IL. If I recall correctly, company I worked for went out of business in 1997/1998?
    '. \ / .'
    '. .'``'. .'
    ......:::::::`.....`::
    Currently seeking a Compaq Deskpro 386

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    Hmm, does his shipping amount include shipping the thing to the ISS? If not then it is a bit off... I also doubt he will get $100k for it, it is rare but I simply don't think there is that much demand for it.
    ..there is already 1 bid ... unbelievable

but I know of a 2nd mac twiggy (exactly the same as auctioned) here in Europe.. so it isnt the only one definitely..

I'm not sure he's going to collect 100k from that bidder. Looking at the bidding history, it's probably fake, or a shill.

Hm.. looks like it ended with 0 bids? (Retracted?) here is the current auction. Hm, also an interesting priced Lisa 1 he's selling now also. I really haven't seen an Lisa I at auction for a while so not sure what the estimated value is anymore. Doubt it's anything close to the $25000 he's asking, but Lisa 2s today seem to sell around $800-$1200. I recall he mentioned he might sell an Apple I soon.

edit: Oh wow, missed the part that the Lisa 1 is boxed. That's interesting.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800