Image Map Image Map
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Commodore CBM 8032 video display problem

Can you (Jules) load programs from tape that you've saved yourself?
    Yeh Mike, loading and saving onto tape beautifully! I've actually loaded successfully a few C64 programs (just the basic text based ones).

I do not know what the line is trying to do but there is an extra closed parenthesis at the end
    Ah, of course! I saw that but thought the two (parenthesises) at the end were accounted for... should have looked more closely!

Will try that when I get home from work.

BTW. Anyone recommend a supplier of 2114 video RAMs? Wouldn't mind resusitating my faithful vic20 after it took one for the team last week.

EDIT:
    The problem with code turns out to be a missing Open Prens just before 'len'
    Sorry Dave, just noticed this. Will try this when I get home from work!
    "DAVID: Is this a game... or is it real? JOSHUA: What's the difference?" 'Wargames' 1983

Blog Entries

I picked up some 2114s from jameco the other month.

Later,
    dabone

Jacs Prog2.jpg

Sweet as!
    "DAVID: Is this a game... or is it real? JOSHUA: What's the difference?" 'Wargames' 1983

Whoops sorry for the typo!

===Jac

Blog Entries

I've used a pet emulator on my 64 to load pet programs off disk and then save them to tape. You need to do this because the load addresses are quite different.
    I also have the petdisk and like it but my main pet has a msd-2 drive hooked to it.

Later,
    dabone

Quote Originally Posted by Juleshsmith View Post
    GENTLEMEN...

This is indeed a fine day!

I can't thank you all enough for your invaluable contribution...
    Little late, I know, but congratulations on getting your machine working and you're certainly welcome for any little bit of help I might have provided. Have fun with it!

Little late, I know, but congratulations on getting your machine working and you're certainly welcome for any little bit of help I might have provided. Have fun with it!
    Thx Eudimorphodon! Lovin the 8032!

Does anyone know any other sites that have TAP files for the PET (and hopefully for 8032) besides:

http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/...r-download.htm

I've just started looking into the cause of the lil fireworks display my 4040 treated me to last week. The high pass filter has burnt out (which i think is pretty common with vintage electronics).

HPF2.jpgHPF1.jpg

I was thinking about starting a new forum, but at this stage the only issue (at this stage) is the HPF.

Do you think it would be safe to bypass it? Or should I try and replace it?

Thx guys!

Jules, that looks like a pretty standard plug. Even the mounting holes look standard. I would think that just about anything with that kind of plug should work fine. Is there something you can part out to get one?

With this vintage gear, we need all the protection we can get, so if that's a mini surge suppressor, or something to keep interference out, I would want it in there and would not want to bypass it.
    "Manning the earliest spacecraft, flying an aeroplane, with only one propeller to keep you in the sky. Can you imagine that?" -Jean-Luc Picard

Jules, that looks like a pretty standard plug.
    Thx Kevin. It's definitely a standard plug, but I can't recall seeing many (if any) with the HPF built into the back of them. I'll start opening up some old gear, see if I get lucky!

I don't know if it's practical to order from these guys, since they're in the US, but I found what I think you're looking for at Jameco:

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...0001_667462_-1

If you still need 2114s for your VIC-20, they have those too.
    "Manning the earliest spacecraft, flying an aeroplane, with only one propeller to keep you in the sky. Can you imagine that?" -Jean-Luc Picard