Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for IBM 5155

Quote Originally Posted by WMH View Post
    One more random question. I was looking at this picture of the 5155 that I'm going to try to get and I noticed that it had quite a few ports on the back, more than I'm used to seeing. I don't know that much about early PC stuff. Does anyone know what types of ports those are?
    eBay item 151097235801

SLOT 1: IBM CGA card (provides video to CRT unit)
    SLOT 2: Connector suggests serial port. The card may provide additional functionality.
    SLOT 3: That is sure to be the IBM floppy controller card. Slot 3 is the normal location for that card. See [here].
    SLOT ?: Connector suggests a parallel port.

Of course, one of the slots will contain a hard disk controller.

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    eBay item 151097235801

SLOT 1: IBM CGA card (provides video to CRT unit)
    SLOT 2: Connector suggests serial port. The card may provide additional functionality.
    SLOT 3: That is sure to be the IBM floppy controller card. Slot 3 is the normal location for that card. See [here].
    SLOT ?: Connector suggests a parallel port.

Of course, one of the slots will contain a hard disk controller.
    Thanks so much!

EDIT: I just checked on eBay and the bid for the system had jumped $20. If it goes much higher I'm going to have to let it go... Holding my breath!

UPDATE: I let the system go. The bid price literally doubled in the last thirty seconds, and it sold for $115.01, way above my personal limit of $75. I didn't even get a bid in.

If anyone has a 5155 that they'd be willing to sell through eBay, please PM me. Otherwise, the search continues!

Why does it have to be on eBay?
    This space intentionally left blank [ ].

Quote Originally Posted by arrow_runner View Post
    Why does it have to be on eBay?
    Been burned on the 'net before. A senior member like yourself is pretty trustworthy, but I really like the whole Buyer Protection thing. I'd pay a couple of extra bucks if someone would set up a private auction...

Looks like a good start. Just make sure they pack the thing properly. I was actually going to offer up a 5155 but this one only has 2 floppy drives instead of floppy + hard drive and it's missing the back sliding door piece that fold.
    Would you be interested in this one at all? At first I wasn't sure if I was going to sell it but the more I think about it I really don't need 2 of these. I still need to give it a good going-through though.
    This space intentionally left blank [ ].

Would you be interested in this one at all? At first I wasn't sure if I was going to sell it but the more I think about it I really don't need 2 of these. I still need to give it a good going-through though.
    Yeah, but I have a few concerns.

1. It wouldn't come with a DOS floppy. I have plenty of blank 5.25" disks, but no good way to write to them.
    2. It's missing the port cover. That's not the end of the world, of course, but I have no idea how I'd find a new one.
    3. Shipping from Cincinnati for something that heavy would be crazy expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by WMH View Post
    It wouldn't come with a DOS floppy. I have plenty of blank 5.25" disks, but no good way to write to them.
    Send me some and I'll send you some back that have what you want on them.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Send me some and I'll send you some back that have what you want on them.
    Thanks! I appreciate that.

If I end up buying the 5155 in question then I'll definitely take you up on that offer.

Well, arrow_runner never responded...

Anyone else have a 5155 they'd be willing to part with?