Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADTPro for only $160!

Default ADTPro for only $160!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADTPro-for-V...item416b198463

This guy is also selling "copies" of games like Thexder and Oregon Trail, but not mentioning that they're copies.
    "Deep down I'm pretty superficial." - Ava Gardner

My Computer Museum Website: http://tanrunomad.com/

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/brianpicchi

Wow. That *is* crap selling pirated software. Unfortunately he's sold quite a few.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

For sale is COMPLETE SETUP FOR ADTPro, this allows you to connect to a USB Mac (with OS X), to transfer Games/Programs to and from the Apple II Series computer. Great for backing up your old disks, or transfering them to your Mac for emulation use, or to download disk files from the internet to run old programs from the net on your Apple II.
    Ha!

I also didn't know that ADTPro could transfer files FROM your Apple to another computer, either.

smp

Plus, its an outdated buggy version!

Blog Entries

Nah, it's the golden seal of authenticity that drove the buyer crazy. i do feel sorry for the buyer when he looks up ADTPro online, finds the site for it, and finds the "free download" link.
    ~Ian~

Looking for a Gateway 2000 G6-333 - my first computer.

This is bad.

The ethical way to do this would have been to advertise cables which would allow Apple II-->PC file transfer, and in the blurb perhaps mention ADTPro as something that facilitates it....with a link to the ADTPro site. Instead we have "ADTPro for Vintage Apple Computer IIe IIgs IIc II Plus COMPLETE SYSTEM"!!

Unless maceffects is actually David Schmidt in disguise (or David has given him permission to sell it this way), this guy needs to be named and shamed.

Tez
    ------------------------------------------------
    My vintage collection: https://classic-computers.org.nz/collection/
    My vintage activities blog: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/
    Twitter: @classiccomputNZ ; YouTube Videos: (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by tezza View Post
    Unless maceffects is actually David Schmidt in disguise (or David has given him permission to sell it this way), this guy needs to be named and shamed.
    Nope, it's not me. I'm ok with the auction, though, for a couple of reasons. First, the price is laughably ridiculous. But then, if you need a MiniDIN8 USB adapter, the Keyspan is the only game in town. Not sure that plus a MiniDIN8 printer cable is worth most of US$160, but there you go. Then, ADTPro is open source - free as in liberty software. Anyone can add value and sell it. This guy has made floppies and even a CD. Again, not worth much of $160, but not valueless, either. Bare-metal bootstrapping is scary to some folks; this removes that barrier.

I've sold a few copies of floppies I've built, too, but always emphasizing the point that it's free software and you're paying me to write it to a disk and send it to you. I guess that's my only real issue with this guy. It would be nice to have a link to the site, where potential buyers would notice that he's behind the curve already. Oh, and if you haven't been following comp.sys.apple2, you'll see that 1.2.4 is soon to be obsoleted too...

Rolling stones gather no moss.

Quote Originally Posted by david__schmidt View Post
    Then, ADTPro is open source - free as in liberty software. Anyone can add value and sell it. This guy has made floppies and even a CD. Again, not worth much of $160, but not valueless, either. Bare-metal bootstrapping is scary to some folks; this removes that barrier.
    This is a /really/ important thing to remember about all open source projects. Once it's released, you lose all control of it.

Blog Entries

This reminds me of that tool that was selling a Quadra PDS PowerPC card for $160 only that wasn't under GNU license.
    I still think the mac community has way too many dumb people with deep pockets. Don't call it a grudge, call it an observation.
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    I still think the mac community has way too many dumb people with deep pockets. Don't call it a grudge, call it an observation.
    I think the Amiga crowd has them beat by a long shot.....just an observation.