Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seller's who change shipping after the fact....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dorkbert View Post
    I had one seller shipped a IIc in a USPS Priority flat rate box...
    Somebody shipped me a IIfx Media Mail and pocketed the rest of what he quoted for shipping, wasn't from ebay.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

The last problem I had was purchasing something on ebay that said it was being shipped via USPS then getting a message from the seller saying they can't ship to a PO Box from UPS, a few messages later it was shipped via USPS.

I do wonder if people are too lazy to check to see if they have USPS or UPS listed when selling something though, that one letter makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Compgeke View Post
    The last problem I had was purchasing something on ebay that said it was being shipped via USPS then getting a message from the seller saying they can't ship to a PO Box from UPS, a few messages later it was shipped via USPS.

I do wonder if people are too lazy to check to see if they have USPS or UPS listed when selling something though, that one letter makes a huge difference.
    USPS Will pickup boxes from your house/office for shipping. Plus for priority they will deliver the flat rate boxes free of charge to you. So the easiest option is USPS priority flat rate. You can take care of the whole shipping from the house. Parcel/media mail requires you to go to the post office (and only if you want a tracking number).
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. Copy II PC Enhanced Option Board (the one with the toggle switch on the back) 4. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 5. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro)

If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Blog Entries

Well who wants to pay $11+ to ship a $2 part that they don't need in a big hurry (Flat rate boxes). Parcel post shipped using whatever box you have laying around or maybe even a padded envelope works good too sometimes.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Smaller, lightweight items are even cheaper to ship via First Class. It's even cheaper than Flat Rate or Parcel Post for some items. E.g., 486 and Pentium type processors can be shipped across country for under $2.50.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dorkbert View Post
    I had one seller shipped a IIc in a USPS Priority flat rate box...
    As long as that didn't include the monitor, what's the problem as long as he packed it well? Those flat-rate boxes get expedited handling anyway. I use them a lot.

Well, personally the last two items I've bought who were sent via flat-rate used no packing at all. Given that's a relatively new (last 2 months) problem I've seen and I suppose I need to ensure folks are wrapping things delicately without the assumption that they care. Actually the last 3 items I've purchased have not gone well lol.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    As long as that didn't include the monitor, what's the problem as long as he packed it well? Those flat-rate boxes get expedited handling anyway. I use them a lot.
    Sorry, I should specify that the box in question was 14" x 12" x 3 1/2".
    The IIc measures 2.5 H x 12 W x 11.5 D.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdaytona View Post
    I have severe problems with shipping, a lot of people says to me that the shipping price is correct to Brazil, I send the money, and then I receive an email asking for more money, due to "new" (the taxes are the same for over a year) overseas international shipping taxes. Usually I ask and gets refund, but it's very sad.
    I just had a look for post from Oz... 0.5kg costs $4 more to Brazil than to USA

I have about 20 - 40 parcels shipped within the US a month and overall happy with US postal service.. its certainly not perfect but way cheaper than the postal service here.
    Over the past 3 years only 7 parcels out of 3000+ have been lost along the way
    Last edited by Neon_WA; September 20th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in this world:
    those who understand binary and those who don't. ~Author Unknown

Blog Entries

My last parcel from Shenzhen came via Swiss Post. So at least outside of the USA, there are alternatives.