Image Map Image Map

Thread: Need a used scope

1. Default Need a used scope

Thanks for looking in.

Price range I'm hoping for would be in the approximate $100 or slightly above range, I can maybe be a little flexible if the item is a super bargain trying mightily to get down to my budget.

I would not be disappointed to find one for under.

I live in far NE FL.

Bruce Hinton

You probably need at least 1 test lead for it as well.
    patscc

You should attend one of the ham radio events.. you'll see dozens for dirt cheap. Though you may need a schematic and a soldering iron to repair them.... Though if you're after fully-working versions, they're usually around too - just for a bit more than chump change.
    ---
    Currently seeking:
    * Roland MPU-401/AT (with daughter card header)
    * Magitronic K-156 Keyboard (5pin DIN w/ XT-AT switch)
    I also collect PC and C64 Sierra On-Line software!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick1978 View Post
    You should attend one of the ham radio events.. you'll see dozens for dirt cheap. Though you may need a schematic and a soldering iron to repair them.... Though if you're after fully-working versions, they're usually around too.
    Great idea, better than a computer fair. Amateur radio guys probably are more inclined to have several of them!

Now to see what's happening in JAX anytime soon.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by USASAgencyman View Post
    Thanks for looking in.

Price range I'm hoping for would be in the approximate $100 or slightly above range, I can maybe be a little flexible if the item is a super bargain trying mightily to get down to my budget.

I would not be disappointed to find one for under.

I live in far NE FL.

Bruce Hinton
    I agree with the suggestion to checkout the Radio Hamfests for some good scope bargains and the ability to see what you are getting, and negotiate. About a year ago I picked up a digital scope unit called the TWD-120 made by Tektronix on EBAY for $50. The TWD-120 is a 2 channel digital storage scope capable of 100MHZ that connects to a computer via SCSI card. It is an older device, so I am running it on a Windows 95 machine. I recently used this to troubleshoot my PC-Retro board and was very happy with it. You will see a few listed on EBAY right now, but they are asking too much (IMO). Worth watching for though....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mmruzek View Post
    ~TWD-120 made by Tektronix on EBAY for $50. I recently used this to troubleshoot my PC-Retro board and was very happy with it. You will see a few listed on EBAY right now, but they are asking too much (IMO).
    Ouch! $350 and $450.

I'll keep looking, my needs are simple, I'm going to try to find a working analog used one, or try PC based bargain, if I can be assured it runs in Win 7. I could VM any older Windows version, but that could turn into a troubleshooting game of its own and I don't need that.

I'll get to a Hamfest sooner or later, I think I'm psyched up for that even if I have a scope by then. I want to get some base and portable gear into my mix for emergency planning. I my need it much, much sooner than I had imagined! Say, ---some random day like Nov. 7 this year...

Bruce

7. Default Solved, scope found and acquired

Thread closed, I have obtained a used Tektronix 2213. Some of your suggestions have me thinking I may want to add a small solid state PC based unit, that could store long-term data. But not just yet, Playtime budget maxed out!

Thanks folks,
    Bruce
    Last edited by USASAgencyman; October 20th, 2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Update