Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Domain TMC-830 SCSI BIOS V7 Needed

Default Future Domain TMC-830 SCSI BIOS V7 Needed

Anyone have one of these SCSI controllers? I have V8.2 BIOS but the 830 isn't supported by it according to Adaptecs support site. A version 7 from any 8 bit card is required. (850, 875, 86x, 88x). I have a 4.0H BIOS but it isn't even listed in the matrix which isn't a good sign.

Thanks

I've just bought one of these off eBay and will dump the BIOS ROM ASAP. There is no version number on the label.

Does anyone have the 130's manual?

I want to try the 830 in a Tandy 1000 as the 850 and 1000 do not play together well I.e. No booting. The ideal Tandy 1000 SCSI controller appears to be the Rancho RT1000 which just works!
    My Wish List: Vintage Mac SCSI->ETHERNET DaynaPORT LINK T DP0801 Manual, Make-It 486 (or other) 80286 upgrades, Hallock Systems gear / disk images, Copy II PC 'Enhanced' Option Board, Earth Computers ISA Z80 cards & TurboDOS disk. TRS-80 Model IV TurboDOS, Pulsar Little Big Board gear, Tandy Videotext Information System (VIS) for Model 16 Xenix

Quote Originally Posted by IBM Portable PC View Post
    I've just bought one of these off eBay and will dump the BIOS ROM ASAP. There is no version number on the label.
    Hello,

I am looking for a working BIOS, too. Did you ever dump and upload it somewhere?

Or does anybody else here have a Future Domain-8bit-SCSI-BIOS with a version number between 4.0I and 7.0?

https://www.adaptec.com/en-us/suppor...omain_bios.htm

This collection
    http://minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm
    contains BIOS v6.2 for the "SSI-011SF" controller based upon the same SCSI chip.

Quote Originally Posted by alecv View Post
    This collection
    http://minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm
    contains BIOS v6.2 for the "SSI-011SF" controller based upon the same SCSI chip.
    It is not based upon the same Chip:
    830.jpg
    But if "IBM Portable PC" doesn't read this thread anymore (I can't PM yet), I will have to give that version a try.

But thank you for your tip!

kylix Wow, a SCSI controller built entirely on PAL logic!

Quote Originally Posted by alecv View Post
    kylix Wow, a SCSI controller built entirely on PAL logic!
    Yes, it's nice, isn't it?

I'll give you feedback next time I am near to my eprom-programmer.

Hi everybody,

I've dumped this BIOS image from my TMC-850M board. This board features a VLSI VC5257-0001 chipset.

FUTURE DOMAIN TMC-850M BIOS V7.0.zip

Quote Originally Posted by evris80 View Post
    I've dumped this BIOS image from my TMC-850M board. This board features a VLSI VC5257-0001 chipset.
    FUTURE DOMAIN TMC-850M BIOS V7.0.zip
    Thanks. I have added it to the collection at [here]. The web page may need to be refreshed in your browser. Was it dumped via EPROM reader, or via software?