Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for Xenix for an IBM XT

Default Looking for Xenix for an IBM XT

Anyone know where I can find a Xenix system to install on my IBM XT? We ran Xenix on about 100 XT computers back in the mid 80s. I was one of the techs that had to maintain these systems. Now that I am building up an old XT I kind of want what we had back then.

Blog Entries

*COUvetusware.comGH*

sorry had to clear my throat
    You will have a hard time finding an original copy, although it would be awesome if someone here did have a spare.
    While coughing I did find the 8086 version in ZIP format though.

A better archive seems to be here: http://oscollect.old-dos.ru/OS/Xenix/

I believe SCO Xenix 86 2.1.3 (5.25).rar is the one you want. There are separate 2.1.3 version for both 8086/88 and 80286.

PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    That product DOES require an AT, or AT clone, because it used Protected Virtual Address Mode of the 80286. PC Xenix was the only Protected Mode OS that we (IBM) had for the AT until the arrival of OS/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerhunter View Post
    That product DOES require an AT, or AT clone, because it used Protected Virtual Address Mode of the 80286. PC Xenix was the only Protected Mode OS that we (IBM) had for the AT until the arrival of OS/2.
    Not to mention the seller does not want his time wasted with offer of $100 only...
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. Copy II PC Enhanced Option Board (the one with the toggle switch on the back) 4. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 5. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!