Image Map Image Map

Thread: EPROM Burning Services

Default EPROM Burning Services

If anyone needs EPROMs burned, PM me! I had a fair bit of trouble getting EPROMs programmed early on in my foray into old computers, so I'd like to pay the service forward. I can burn all of the common EPROMs and some of the less-common ones. If it's something I don't have in stock, you can mail me a blank or one to be erased.

In the past it's been a "send me a couple of bucks if you feel like it" kind of thing, unless the package has to go overseas.

Excellent, kudos.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    If anyone needs EPROMs burned, PM me! I had a fair bit of trouble getting EPROMs programmed early on in my foray into old computers, so I'd like to pay the service forward. I can burn all of the common EPROMs and some of the less-common ones. If it's something I don't have in stock, you can mail me a blank or one to be erased.

In the past it's been a "send me a couple of bucks if you feel like it" kind of thing, unless the package has to go overseas.
    I can vouch for your service Glitch. If you recall, you programmed a 2708 eprom for me, with the Cromemco Bytemover program. That was a major milestone in getting my Altair functional, as I could easily program other proms with echo and boot loader routines.

Quote Originally Posted by kingchops View Post
    I can vouch for your service Glitch. If you recall, you programmed a 2708 eprom for me, with the Cromemco Bytemover program. That was a major milestone in getting my Altair functional, as I could easily program other proms with echo and boot loader routines.
    Indeed! If you get older EPROMs from me, they've most likely been programmed with my IMSAI. Newer EPROMs are handled by an ISA-based programmer with a DOS utility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    Newer EPROMs are handled by an ISA-based programmer with a DOS utility.
    Needham's Electronics PB-10? I have one of those as a gift from a professor... it is amazing! Shame I can't find the adapters to program EPROM microcontrollers :/...

Hi, I have some old MC68701 to be copied and programed into black ones, can you do that for me? please send me yr email so I send you more info.
    I have an old machine that runs with them, some are ok but others are damaged I have spare ones but the guy who did this for me is out of business.

I certainly don't want to take anything away from Glitch and I think we all appreciate his service, but just in case he doesn't have or can't program the chip(s) you need here's another possible place to try; he's been mentioned here previously and is also a 'good guy' by all accounts (obviously, since he's a fellow Canadian ):

http://www.hobbyroms.com/