Image Map Image Map

Thread: Tandy 1000a System Disks

Cool Tandy 1000a System Disks

I wanted to let everybody know that I have Tandy 1000a (1000) system disks with MS-DOS 2.11, Deskmate 1, and Tandy 1000 Hard Disk utilities that I can create copies of for people. If you need that PM me and I will do my best to get them to you. There may be small charge for disks and shipping, but I want to make it work for you!

The disk images can be found here as well: http://www.oldskool.org/guides/tvdog/
    *FrankG*

Great point. I wish I could have used those, but had no way to get them from a PC that could connect to the internet to a 5.25" floppy. Amazing what 30 years will do to disconnect things.

Speaking of which, I saw a quote by Steve Jobs today that said something like this: None of the PCs today will be bootable in 20 years"; not sure I believe that, but says something about the perceived pace of change, or the quality of the build.

Blog Entries

oh they will still be bootable, as will all our pcs and cp/m machines if they survive another 20 or 30, the question is if they well be able to get online, all our modern machines can now obviously, but in 2 or 3 even 4 decade, what kind of protocols will the internet use? Will there even be a such thing as a wired ethernet network anymore?, i'd like to think that, in that amount of time, my core 2 quad will still be around and chugging away, on that ancient windows 7 install that can't be activated anymore because the servers don't exist anymore. brings another point, most of the modern pcs today won't be able to use software they have on them, the activations wont work anymore...
    JOZXYQK[/B][/B]