Image Map Image Map
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: KAYPRO and KayFreHD as a hard disk module

Quote Originally Posted by shirsch View Post
    Here's a link to one that looks like mine:

https://www.amazon.com/Gplink-Extens.../dp/B06X3Y4BBB

I think they make them with all combinations of standard and micro SD on the ends. I had a bunch of micro adapters, so this worked fine. There was a convenient gap between the top of the front panel and the outer case. Make sure yours has clearance enough not to crush the cable.
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm still waiting for parts to finish my FreHD/Shim for my kaypro but I was planning on just throwing this out the back somewhere.. Wouldn't need to access it very much, just there in case I did need to and still better then opening it up.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm still waiting for parts to finish my FreHD/Shim for my kaypro but I was planning on just throwing this out the back somewhere.. Wouldn't need to access it very much, just there in case I did need to and still better then opening it up.
    Sure, it really depends on your work flow. I make heavy use of cpmtools on Linux for bulk transfer of files between the Kaypro and outside world, so it's important to me that the SD card be readily accessible.

I have a question. Lets say someone stumbles across this posting in the future, build the shim, burns the kayplus ROM and has a kit freHD. Is there a ready made image they can just throw down on an SD card to save from all the configuring?

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    I have a question. Lets say someone stumbles across this posting in the future, build the shim, burns the kayplus ROM and has a kit freHD. Is there a ready made image they can just throw down on an SD card to save from all the configuring?
    I plan to make an image available cnce I get 3rd-party verification that it works for other folks. If anyone wants to test, please PM me and I'll give you a download link. No point in distributing it far and wide if there are issues.

PM Sent!

PM Sent!
    If you have the stuff built, it would be awesome to test and let us know. I have the image from Shirsch but the slow boat from china with the parts to finish this build is taking even longer than usual. Maybe customs is letting it sit for 3 days before they touch the packages.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/GS/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/128/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, Timex Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer 3/Model 4 GA

Sure i can do that. I just need to burn the kayplus rom.. I have some eproms coming in the mail. Other than that everything is done.

Ok I need some help. I received a couple blank ST M2764A eproms in the mail today. I verified it was blank with my mini pro and burned the kayplus 84 rom image from here: http://www.microcodeconsulting.com/z80/kayplus.htm to the blank rom with these settings :minipro.png I verified it. But when I boot it in my kaypro 4/84 (with a universal board) I get nothing on the CRT at all.

What did I do wrong?

Ok I need some help. I received a couple blank ST M2764A eproms in the mail today. I verified it was blank with my mini pro and burned the kayplus 84 rom image from here: http://www.microcodeconsulting.com/z80/kayplus.htm to the blank rom with these settings :minipro.png I verified it. But when I boot it in my kaypro 4/84 (with a universal board) I get nothing on the CRT at all.

What did I do wrong?
    Sorry to be Captain Obvious, but are sure you grabbed the correct image for your machine?

I used the one marked kayplus'84 rom at bottom of page . i am new to bruning roms.. Very new so i dont know what i am doing.

Besides burning the rom do i need to do anything else? Mod the board in any way? Jumpers? I thought it was plug and play.
    Last edited by VERAULT; April 10th, 2020 at 03:27 PM.