Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After 25 years I finally finished Infidel!

Yes Astrochicken, thanks!
    SQ III was the first Space Quest game I played and Astrochicken was my favorite part of the game.
    Will have to revisit the SQ games as I never got into them. Too many games, so little time...

Spend 25 years for 1 game? Wow. This is similar to how I passed Morrowind during 2 years)

Ha lol, you have no idea how many times I've looked at a save game file timestamp that ends up being a few years old. I just beat Oblivion (the main quest at least) although the world is still open for other stuff and/or expansion. But I can feel morally ok starting Skyrim now.

Back to the vintager part, I just found out about the Elder Scrolls Anthology. That'll be on my list to acquire sometime since the originals are going for $100-150 (our half-price books has Arena in a box but they want $150 which isn't gonna happen).

Lost Treasures of Infocom sounds like a true treasure though. That'd be so exciting to find At some point in time I'll go through and also beat some of the classics. I don't think I ever beat Conquests of the longbow either but I think I didn't have the manual for some reason. I remember being chased by guards and I was supposed to ask the trees to hide me but I didn't have the translator at the time for whatever code was on that hand. Dunno how close I was to beating the game but it was quite enjoyable.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

I remember being impressed with these unofficial SQ games:
    Space Quest 1 - Lost Chapter
    Space Quest Minus 1 -Decisions of the Elders
    SQ2 VGA Remake

My favorite Sierra game has to be "Hero's Quest" (or: "Quest for glory" as they renamed it later on because of some copyright issues with the name...).

I loved the role play stuff like improving your stats and such. Shame that the game was rather short.

Also loved Leisure Suit Larry 2 and 3 because they were quite long and big, took me ages to finish these. Also loved the Space Quest games, but some of them were so ridiculously hard, i died probably a thousand times or so which i often found frustrating. In the larry games i died less often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amadama View Post
    25 years ago I picked up the great Infocom game Infidel but never really played it.
    Congrats on finishing it! You beat my record, which was 21 years: http://trixter.oldskool.org/2006/05/24/patience/
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

Wishbringer was easy, however i could never get past the part of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy where you end up on the vogon ship, just after you beam up and the earth goes pop.
    JOZXYQK[/B][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by k2x4b524[ View Post
    Wishbringer was easy, however i could never get past the part of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy where you end up on the vogon ship, just after you beam up and the earth goes pop.

Did you eat the nuts?

Just finished IronSword for NES. Good thing I had a hacked ROM that gave me infinite lives...