Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M102 282 BabyAT board?

Question M102 282 BabyAT board?

Last week i got a board (i didn't tested it yet), which is AT-format board (BabyAT?) with the keyboard connector only. It have one AGP slot, PCI and ISA, Socket7 with an AMD K6-2 533Mhz on it, 3x SDRAM slots, it came with the ATX case backplate (which i think it's pretty hard to come by these days), and it does have both AT and ATX power connectors. The model seem to be "M102 282", written very small on one corner of the board. I can't seem to find any info about that board though. Can anyone help with this? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorZX3 View Post
    Last week i got a board (i didn't tested it yet), which is AT-format board (BabyAT?) with the keyboard connector only. It have one AGP slot, PCI and ISA, Socket7 with an AMD K6-2 533Mhz on it, 3x SDRAM slots, it came with the ATX case backplate (which i think it's pretty hard to come by these days), and it does have both AT and ATX power connectors. The model seem to be "M102 282", written very small on one corner of the board. I can't seem to find any info about that board though. Can anyone help with this? thanks!
    Can you give us any more info, maybe a photo, or like what chipset its using? Intel, SiS, ALI, VIA?

Back in those days (K6/K6-2 era), I built and sold quite a few systems in my old stock of AT cases around a cheap "PC Chips" board that sounds quite similar, they usually used the cheap SiS chipset with onboard audio and video.
    My Vintage computer/blog site
    Searching for a keyboard for a WYSEpc WY-1100.

it use a VIA chipset, here's a photo:
    AT_board.jpg
    the 2 VIA chips on it are:
    -Via VT82C598MVP
    -Via VT82C586B

The BIOS have a label with this written on it: "5AGM2-H150, CTF9111-2 V7.0, 11/02/99, 61BC"

it use a VIA chipset, here's a photo:
    AT_board.jpg
    the 2 VIA chips on it are:
    -Via VT82C598MVP
    -Via VT82C586B

The BIOS have a label with this written on it: "5AGM2-H150, CTF9111-2 V7.0, 11/02/99, 61BC"
    Photo helps a lot. There is a "Chaintech" logo on the BIOS so it's a Chaintech board.

AT form, fast AMD K-2 chip, headers for AT and ATX power, 1 AGP, CPU leaves room for 1 long PCI and ISA card, replaceable coin cell cmos battery, and ATX backplate... nice!

Is there a manual of this board somewhere? because yes there are ATX headers, but nothing's written on the board to say what does what (ATX Power button, Reset, HDD LED, Power LED, PC Speaker, etc...), only numbers and letters that make no sense to me. Only the Voltage and jumpers to set the CPU type and AT/ATX power used is written on the board. I can just guess the IDE, Floppy, Serial connectors there...but i have no other specs about this board.

I may use this one on a future setup, and it might even fit in a MicroATX case, lol!

ok i was able to find the Power switch pinout by trying them out with a switch i pulled out of a case i've put to the recycling months ago. it wasn't working at first, but i played with the jumpers (5.5x multiplier), set the right clock speeds, and set DRAM on CPU (it didn't worked on AGP setting), but now it detect a 550Mhz K6-2. on CPU-World it say it have a 97Mhz bus, yet there's no such setting, the nearest is 100Mhz.

So far without anything plugged, the board seem to be alive (i have a picture on my screen, stopping at where it doesn't see any keyboard and CMOS error (i did a reset on the CMOS, that's why i need to set it correctly). And it DOES fit in a MicroATX board box!

Is there a manual of this board somewhere?
    http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherbo...l#.U_NI7PldXD5
    Closest thing I could find, I am not 100% certain its the same board or not, but it is strikingly similar, I would bet header pinouts should be the same, most manufacturers don't change those from board to board, and from the looks of the photo all the rest you need to know (CPU bus/multiplier settings) is silk screened on your board.

it is, but strangely there's no multiplier to make this K6-2 533Mhz CPU (stock speed), the closest is 5.5x, 100Mhz bus (550Mhz)

That's because you got one of the silly K6-2 chips that uses a 97MHz FSB. Yes, you read that correctly...97MHz.
    "Will the Highways on the internets become more few?"

V'Ger XT