Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Signetics PLS153A programmer

Blog Entries

Default Signetics PLS153A programmer

In the process of fixing a memory board for my PDP11/83 I designed a programmer for these PLDs. If anyone is mildly interested in building one let me know and I will do a write up and post everything. I use a ATMEGA1284 in the programmer.

len

Quote Originally Posted by 8008guy View Post
    In the process of fixing a memory board for my PDP11/83 I designed a programmer for these PLDs. If anyone is mildly interested in building one let me know and I will do a write up and post everything. I use a ATMEGA1284 in the programmer.

len
    I am interested! Not that I have an immediate need for programming PLS153 chips, but in general programming old fuse based PROM and PLDs are interesting since all modern programmers fail to do so.

len
    Is it specific to the PLS153A or can it program the Signetics PLS100 (82S100)?

Quote Originally Posted by MattisLind View Post
    I am interested! Not that I have an immediate need for programming PLS153 chips, but in general programming old fuse based PROM and PLDs are interesting since all modern programmers fail to do so.
    Some current model programmers still support programming PLS100 and PLS153 parts. My BP Micro 1410/84 does (no longer in production but still supported) along with the current model replacements 1610 and 1710, although those are in the category of if you have to ask how much they cost new you can't afford them device programmers.

All the Elnac based programmers will do both 153 and 100 series.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

I need programmer for pls167a this is variation of pls105, do you have any materials online?

Quote Originally Posted by bigral View Post
    I need programmer for pls167a this is variation of pls105, do you have any materials online?
    If you have a JEDEC source file or perhaps a master PLS167, an old Data I/O 29B with a standard 303A-011 LogicPak adapter will be able to program it.

len
    Are you still here? I have a problem putting together an old prototype Commodore B256-80 board which needs a Signetics PLS100N. Luckily I got one, but I have no idea how to program it (and only have a fairly new EPROM programmer). So if you (or anyone else here) have a link or some material on how you built your programmer I would appreciate it. I have some ATMEGA256 boards on the shelf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kakemoms View Post
    Are you still here? I have a problem putting together an old prototype Commodore B256-80 board which needs a Signetics PLS100N. Luckily I got one, but I have no idea how to program it (and only have a fairly new EPROM programmer). So if you (or anyone else here) have a link or some material on how you built your programmer I would appreciate it. I have some ATMEGA256 boards on the shelf.
    Sorry to respond late, I just saw this. Did you ever get your device programmed?

I cant see your device listed as supported by my data io programmer.

There is a yahoo group for data io programmers, I would guess that someone has one that may support your chip. The other way would be to get the data sheet and do ir the way I did originally.

Cheers,

Len
    Spread the joy of Vintage Addiction

-->www.chronworks.com/<--->www.i8008.net/<--

The Signetics / Philips PLS100 is listed as supported by my BP Micro programmer. Does your Data I/O programmer support the 82S100? I wonder if the two parts are functionally equivalent down to the programming algorithms, with the PLS100 / PLS101 just being newer part numbers of the same 82S100 / 82S101 parts.

Anyway, I imagine it doesn't really matter for the purpose of this thread with the previous activity 1.5 years old.