Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where Can I purchase a Tandy 1000 EX RAM Board (Plus Board) ?

Default Where Can I purchase a Tandy 1000 EX RAM Board (Plus Board) ?

Hi,

I recently Purchased a Tandy 1000 EX system, which has only 256k RAM. I have DOS 2.0 running on it, and was curious where I may be able to purchase a Ram Board. I am having trouble finding one on ebay, so any help will be much appreciated. ALSO, please leave a link to the site. Thanks!

Good luck...I doubt you'll find one not already installed in a system. Wish I could be more optimistic, but I would imagine pretty much all ever produced ended up installed in systems.

Perhaps someone will someday make a combo RAM/XT-IDE PLUS card...yeah, I know...I'm dreaming...

Wesley

You are not dreaming. I would have one ready next week if I could find a source for the extremely tall 62 pin IDC connectors.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Blog Entries

it might cost more, but why not craft your own? The soldering would take a little work, but it could be done.
    JOZXYQK[/B][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by k2x4b524[ View Post
    it might cost more, but why not craft your own? The soldering would take a little work, but it could be done.
    I could easily craft my own - or invent my own stacking mechanism which would work just as well. However I'd like to build them for others to use.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

I have an IDC to card slot ribbon cable that works great with an XT-IDE, it was fairly common for companies to make small ISA cards that used an adapter cable in the 1000EX/HX. Would it be economical to either do that, or the make your card using a short IDC to IDC jumper cable?

I have a clone DMA/memory card in my 1000EX that only has a single additional card connector, unlike the Tandy card which has two.

Apart from needing the DMAC for memory refresh, were there any plus cards that took advantage of DMA? If not, I would imagine a card with SRAM on it instead of DRAM would be easier to build.

Would this work for the end to connect to the existing PLUS slot?
    http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/car...g4ARoCUdjw_wcB
    or
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181251770180?rmvSB=true

Then route that via a PCB to two http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...=0&pageSize=25

Just a quick start. I just used a ribbon cable to convert to 2 standard ISA slots outside the case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-1000-E...item2c98a076a8

There's one for sale on eBay, but it's kinda pricey.

lol @ that price...