Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for some vintage computers (long wishlist)

Hi,

Thanks for your mail. H-100 and Z-100 are both interesting. I still wait for offers on ebay. If you decide to sell one of yours please let me know.

BTW: Beside my other S-100 computers I got a nice S-100 system from IMS (later IMSAI). So far I could not get any information about it.
    On the front is written 1600 series. On the back model 5X-00/50 from IMS. It is fully loaded with controller cards, 2 hard drives and 2 floppy disks. Processor board got the ZILOG Z80.
    I added some pictures. Maybe you or someone else know this one.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

Achim

I will keep it in mind, though at this time I have no intention of selling any of them, as I like having spares. I hope you find one though, they are incredible machines. Even more so if you can get a full set of the documentation for them! I still need to get copies of the ROM listing, both digital and paper, as I intend to build one of the SD/IDE cards created by some of the other members of this forum, and would love to have access to the monitor code!

That IMS is pretty cool! Not anything I am personally familiar with, but I imagine someone here likely can help. I would actually recommend posting a separate thread on it, in the S100 section, as that might attract more attention from people who are much more knowledgeable than I am about such systems.

Hi Achim,

Thx for writing back! By the way, if you are German (Deutsch), you speak (or at least write) English VERY WELL! Are you an "Achim" or a "Joachim"??

Ich habe 5 Jahre Deutschunterricht und in den 1970er Jahren lebte ich in Hamburg für ein Jahr oder so, die sich für DW-RADIO ...

****I will start taking Pics of the equipment, and move to PM for you ASAP.****

P.S. Yes, it should be fun living on board our boat (a 55ft sloop)--we will be taking it twice a year up and down the West Coast of the US-from Vancouver to Los Angeles. But it's gonna be cramped compared to living in a house!

GriffK

Blog Entries

BTW: Beside my other S-100 computers I got a nice S-100 system from IMS (later IMSAI). So far I could not get any information about it.
    Nope. IMS is "Industrial Micro Systems, Inc." formerly of Orange County. Herb has a web page giving some detail. Not related at all to IMSAI, which continues to exist as the Fischer-Freitas company, after its bankruptcy under Computerland's Bill Millard.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by achimhb View Post
    Beside my other S-100 computers I got a nice S-100 system from IMS (later IMSAI). So far I could not get any information about it.On the front is written 1600 series. On the back model 5X-00/50 from IMS. It is fully loaded with controller cards, 2 hard drives and 2 floppy disks. Processor board got the ZILOG Z80.
    I added some pictures. Maybe you or someone else know this one.
    Achim
    I recognize your IMS/LF Technologies machine, it's one of my favorites. They are multi-user multi-processor machines, usually running TurboDOS! I may even have boot disks and documentation for the one pictured. Have you determined if your works? I'd be interested to see what's on the hard disks.

Oh, thanks a lot, Chuck(G). After a quick search I could find some 'Industrial Micro Systems' systems but not my 5X-00/50.
    BUT now I found documentation for all S-100 cards in the system.
    Last edited by achimhb; June 5th, 2015 at 10:58 AM.

Replying to new_castle_j:
    I will find out this weekend as I am curious too. First I have to check the power supply and make sure I will not produce just smoke.
    Some disks I got with the computer but no documentation so far.
    Last edited by achimhb; June 5th, 2015 at 10:58 AM.

Being that your system is branded LF/Tech makes it a later model, after they changed their name from IMS to LF/Tech. The 1600 designates the chassis as a 16 bit system, however I only see 8-bit cards in yours. The 50 in the model name indicates that it was a 5 inch floppy drive chassis. The SX means that it is a small business system (less slots on the motherboard). TurboDOS usually required a login, the default Uname and Password was system/system. Let me know if you need help getting it going, I'm happy to share knowledge.