Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I dont knw how comunicate with printer port

Blog Entries

I would also like to talk directly to printer ports on Windows 8.1 (and Windows/10) preview 64-bit without having to pay to licence code...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Blog Entries

Actually I have now found a DLL that claims to do it:-

http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm

will have to give it a whirl...
    Dave
    G4UGM

What OS are you wanting to use?

Hi Dave,

Yeah, there are several around, and they work great if you don't require any real throughput, and you can work in a polled mode rather than responding in a timely fashion to an interrupt, and then que responses in a buffer.

TO do that properly, you need to be at Ring0 in Windows 7/8x/10, and that is going to require a IOCTL-based kernel mode driver (which I can point you to).

The DLLs are all USER mode (Ring3 with boundary transitions), and can be adequate if you don't need the speed.

gwk

Blog Entries

I did recently find one app that needs the speed. It loads programs into the "Baby" valve computer Replica and it can be found some where on here:-

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/CCS/SSEM/vol...s/archive.html

basically it needs to set a bit every 10us and it fails under emulation, so I would expect it to fail with the DLLs. The code in use has some assembler embedded in Turbo Pascal....
    ... I think I will probably build an Arduino replacement, if that will go fast enough, with an SD card reader so we don't end up transferring data on floppy.
    Dave
    G4UGM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arun Ricky View Post
    Hi to all members I am new here I want to learn programming for electronic circuits bt i dont now how to communicate with printer port I tried before take knowledge from internet but fail my system doesnt work like them it shows some error of system 32. Can anyone help me to do so.
    I guess bottom line is this isn't a place to LEARN programming, or probably even to get support for code, unless its really vintage. As you mention System32 I guess you are coding for windows devolved from the NT kernel, so 2000,XP,Vista,7,8,8.1 or even Technical Preview...
    .... I would start with the support forum for whatever tool you have chosen. If its the free Microsoft tools, either the Express or Community editions, then start with MSDN

https://msdn.microsoft.com/

if its GCC via MINGW then there are some resources listed here:-

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Ask_for_help

If that doesn't help then this Microsoft article, which is my favourite

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555375

contains information on how to find support for Microsoft and Non-Microsoft products. If you want help read it carefully...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Blog Entries

Well the OP hasn't checked in yet after his initial request, so perhaps he's found his answer elsewhere.

Thanks for reply. I didnt find out the solution yet nw I am trying to do change my os first suggest me suitable for my work..thanks

I want to do programing for electronic systems I want to send programs by printer port and recive intrupt data from the system
    Yeah, doesn't much sound like a "Vintage" problem here, so my suggestion would be to heed the support advice above, and then head over to a general electronics/programming forum that will be better suited to help you with what you want to do.

good luck-gwk

Hi to all members I am new here I want to learn programming for electronic circuits bt i dont now how to communicate with printer port I tried before take knowledge from internet but fail my system doesnt work like them it shows some error of system 32. Can anyone help me to do so.
    In which language you want to learn programming for electronic circuits i will help you to communicate with printer port and give you some knowledge about it