Image Map Image Map

Thread: 8008 emulator/disassembler

1. Default 8008 emulator/disassembler

Here is a link, http://www.willegal.net/scelbi/8008-disassembler.c, to the C language source for my 8008 debugger/disassembler. Though it has been a while since the code diverged, the core 8008 instruction emulator is essentially the same as used in my Macintosh OS/X app. Some of the output could be cleaned up a bit and I want to add an emulated SCELBI cassette interface, but I think it has been pretty useful in creating and debugging 8008 software.

It takes 1 or 2 arguments, an Intel HEX file with the program to debug and an optional starting address (in decimal).

Here is a list of commands.

b set break point
    d dump memory
    r run note that unless you have a break point set, or the program encounters a halt instruction, there is no way to halt the program
    s step
    n next steps over calls
    h display numeric values in hexidecimal (except for disassembly)
    o display values in octal
    u disassemble range of memory use more readable format
    a disassemble range of memory use format compatible with AS8 assembler
    x exit to shell

Thanks to Cameron Cooper helped me with the initial conversion of the step display to include instruction nmumonics.

Things to do add support for emulated SCELBI cassette interface.

regards,
    Mike Willegal

Blog Entries

I just wanted to chime in here, thanks Mike.

Mike sent me a copy of this a few months back. It has been a really great emulation tool. I've used it to debug several programs that I wrote to test my Mark 8. It's saved a lot of sore thumbs to have a a working program before I toggle it into memory.

Len

maybe reason with assembler, but try this:
    http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/la...bler-2438.html