Image Map Image Map

Thread: Some fun with a Model 4P and FreHD

Default Some fun with a Model 4P and FreHD

Hi all,

I just wanted to mention that I recently acquired a Model 4P and installed FreHD, which works great. I had written a game for the TRS-80 Model 1 as a teenager called "Catch!" which was based on "Kaboom!" for Atari. It was slow, being written in Level II BASIC, but I added a few features to make up for it. Well, I finally got to recode it from a printout I've held onto. I was terrific to see it running again after three decades!

Anyway, I blogged about it of course, and posted a short video on YouTube in case anyone is interested.

Now, if I can just figure a good way to get the code off of it so I can post it. I'm open to suggestions...

Anway, FreHD is terrific, and it's great to be tinkering with a TRS-80 again!

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by strangeluck View Post
    Now, if I can just figure a good way to get the code off of it so I can post it. I'm open to suggestions...
    You can export the program to your SD Card using the FreHD EXPORT2 utility and then put the SD card in your Mac/PC and share the game with the world!

Nice work.

Save your game in ASCII format and then Export it to a file on the SD Card - you should the be able to open it with a simple text editor like Notepad.

Cheers,

Ian.
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    You can export the program to your SD Card using the FreHD EXPORT2 utility and then put the SD card in your Mac/PC and share the game with the world!
    Thank you! Somehow I missed all that!

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by TRS-Ian View Post
    Save your game in ASCII format and then Export it to a file on the SD Card - you should the be able to open it with a simple text editor like Notepad.
    Thank you! Again, FreHD is an outstanding bit of hardware. I see a hi-res card in my near future...

Craig

Just watched the YouTube video; nice work Craig! I can't wait to try it out, but after your experience, I think I'll choose a gentle breeze for the wind speed when I play it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blendama View Post
    Just watched the YouTube video; nice work Craig! I can't wait to try it out, but after your experience, I think I'll choose a gentle breeze for the wind speed when I play it!
    Ha! Thanks! That did not go as I planned but hey, it kept the video short.

I've posted the code... thanks for the assist in exporting it. If anyone has a problem with downloading or anything let me know. Just don't expect too much action! It is entirely in BASIC.

Craig

Well done. I especially like the bridge graphic.

I noticed a small bug due to a dropped double quote in line 910. It should read:
    Code:
    910 A$=INKEY$:IFA$=""THEN910ELSEIFA$<>"r"ANDA$<>"R"THEN930
    You could make it playable by visitors to your web site by using my brother's JavaScript TRS-80 emulator: http://people.cs.ubc.ca/~pphillip/trs80.html

Probably need to take out the high score save/load and maybe change the controls as I don't think the emulator can handle the shift key independently.