Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8080 SBC - Integrated Computer Systems

Default 8080 SBC - Integrated Computer Systems

Hi Folks!

Just picked up a nice 8080 training system and was wondering if anybody had any documentation? In particular, I'm after any schematics. Has an expansion port labelled 'S100' which intrigues me

Here are some photos...
    DSC07368.jpg DSC07369.jpg

Cheers,
    Dave

I'm surprised you got no response on this.
    Did you ever find any documentation?

Oops! Sorry, only just seen your reply. No, I've still not managed to locate any documentation for this board.

Cheers,
    Dave

Blog Entries

Some stuff here The system was sold with instructional material.

Company is now called Learning Tree International

Documentation for this ICS 8080 trainer is rare has hen's teeth. I've only found one individual who claims he has the documentation but has yet to locate it.

If anyone has documentation to include the schematic for this particular board (not the smaller, newer?, S100-based board) I am sure archives and restorers everywhere will appreciate it. I have one that needs repair and the schematic would go a long way to help with that.

john - colorado springs, co

UPDATE - no documentation yet. But I was able to repair one of these for a friend. The smaller, newer board I referenced may actually be older but I am not sure based upon the parts on it. There is plenty documentation for the smaller board. The design is probably identical to the NEC TK-80. I used the English documentation to sorta help with troubleshooting and repair but the circuits are different enough that they don't help with tracing connections.

So, still looking for docs but am a little more familiar with the design after the repair job.

John - Colorado Springs, CO

UPDATE - some documentation located.

The owner of the board I repaired did locate another owner if this board who has full documentation but is unwilling to scan the documents for us. He did, however, provide a scan of the 10 page schematic for this board. This is the ICS/Learning Tree 8080 trainer a.k.a. AMTS board (MTS - Microcomputer Training System?) I'll share a link here for the schematic as well as the Monitor Hex file, AMTS v2.7 .

We are not done pursuing documentation, mostly to provide it to the vintage world but also because the schematic does NOT have the tape i/o section (probably documented elsewhere) nor do we have info on the tape i/o routines in the monitor. From the other TK-80 system documentation, we could see the tape i/o routines in that system's monitor but could not locate routines or entry points in this AMTS monitor. Still searching......

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pj...jJfC4PlCr3iPGo

and

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fz...D0bvuzw_ltOFx9

BTW, the Interface Training System Workbook does document the board that was available for both the AMTS board and the TK-80 board - the tape i/o references inside it are for the TK-80 board.

Sincerely,
    John

Documentation located. Here's a link. If anyone here has a good idea of where to locate/store these docs, Let me know or them know and we can get them somewhere that others can locate in the long term.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rCuTpBohuqac7I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaevans View Post
    Documentation located. Here's a link. If anyone here has a good idea of where to locate/store these docs, Let me know or them know and we can get them somewhere that others can locate in the long term.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rCuTpBohuqac7I
    i think archive.org will accept these or mail al at bitsavers.
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Thanks. I messaged Al and am waiting for a reply.

john