Image Map Image Map

Thread: EGA graphic card DIPs/jumpers configuration

Question EGA graphic card DIPs/jumpers configuration

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask about the possibility that someone knows jumper and dips settings of following graphics card:

http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/...logies-p82c435

(LEGA VERSION)

I have not found the information in the forum or out of it ...

Has anyone found any strategy to find these settings without manual?

I forgot one thing, the graphics card is for an IBM XT 286. I think it will work properly ... but I would not want to break anything!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joe Morgan
    Last edited by joemorgan; November 23rd, 2015 at 05:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Congratulations, you've stumped Total Hardware 99, a resource that usually has the settings for cards like these. Your card in particular was made by Tiva Microcomputer Corporation (TMC) in 1987 and I couldn't find any information on it.

Your card will work properly in an IBM XT 286, but make sure you have an EGA monitor (not CGA, not MDA) connected to it. Without knowing what the switches are (which usually control things like the ability to connect CGA or MDA monitors), connecting a non-EGA monitor to it is asking for trouble.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Thanks, Trixter, for your answer.

And yes, I know about risk of using MDA monitor with an EGA card. Indeed I have an IBM 5151.

There will be some similar and documented card? I'll try to find.
    Someone retain the manual for this card on this forum? I'll wait ... the current Hercules card is giving me a lot of fun too!

Thanks again!

P.D: "Total Hardware 99" is totally amazing!

Im sure this thread is long gone, but recently I have seen these cards come up on ebay and they are okay little cards. here is a site that has some dip switch settings that should work. at least they worked for my CGA monitor -

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/graphics...EGA-EXTRA.html