Image Map Image Map
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

Blog Entries

Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom

Found WC4 on Gog today for $1.49 USD. The download comes with Gog's Galaxy version which is compatible up through W8. The 6 'off-line' (install.exe & BINS) files work for the XP & Vista installations, and there is even a DOS version in the mix. The install routine had a small hitch at the front end and I just told it to ignore the file and installation was completed without further incident. There are no setup options, however it soon became evident that the game should be played with a joystick. I'll need to dig my Thrustmaster out to play this thing right. This game is a real beauty and fun to play, however, the lead in with Mark Hamill is a little tedious. Another plus is that download offers the complete set of documentation.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

Blog Entries

PCIe to PCI Adapter

The PCIe to PCI host adapter is now here as well as the SATA 3 adapter. As summer is winding down, hopefully I can find some time for the A7. I will be attempting to install W7, once again, on a 120 GB SSD via the new hardware. Worst case scenario is that it won't work and I'm out about $40 in hardware costs. If anyone has successfully installed W7 on the A7 with a SSD recently (not an IDE), I would like to here from you.

If your janky adapter setup doesn't work, I recommend the SATA to IDE adapter I mentioned earlier. I've had a chance to test it on some Pentium 4 and Athlon XP boards and they recognized both the SSD I had and regular SATA HDDs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    If your janky adapter setup doesn't work, I recommend the SATA to IDE adapter I mentioned earlier. I've had a chance to test it on some Pentium 4 and Athlon XP boards and they recognized both the SSD I had and regular SATA HDDs.
    I'll definitely keep that in mind and thanks for the tip.