Image Map Image Map

Thread: Any interest in some old late 90's to early 2000's motherboards with bad caps?

Default Any interest in some old late 90's to early 2000's motherboards with bad caps?

I have half a dozen old motherboards that I want to find new homes if somebody is willing to recap them.

Most of these still function dispite leaking caps

Examples I have are

Micron micro atx socket 370 mobo with Celeron 667 --- still posts and works fine. has a few leaking caps

Asus A7V atx Socket 462 mobo with Duron 1.3ghz - does not post due to bad caps

HP Pavillion micro atx socket 462 mobo with Athlon T-bird cpu -- still posts

Emachines micro atx socket 462 mobo - lots of bad caps - unknown condition, I did not dare to power on

MSI micro atx Socket 939 with unknown Athlon 64 cpu -- still works

UPDATE::: Abit ATX Socket 462 motherboard. - does not post - bad caps here and there.

I might have other boards deep down in storage but these are the ones I can remember right now. I will post pics later.

I will give all these mobos on the list away for free because of their unknown lifespan. Either me or the buyer can pay for shipping.
    Last edited by computergeek92; December 25th, 2015 at 08:48 PM. Reason: edit title

Blog Entries

I'm interested in the little MSI 939 board--you can leave a mail at tubastuff at gmail.com. (I see that you don't have PM enabled yet)

Excellent! I will let you know soon once I pull it out of storage. Do you need some ram memory with it? I think It might already have some already.

P.S. Yes I'm new to this site and I haven't figured out the profile features yet (PMs and such)

Blog Entries

As far as I can determine, the PM feature kicks in after a certain number of posts. Until then, I think you're in isolation.

A few sticks of RAM won't hurt, I guess. Used to be finding sticks of DDR400 used to be more expensive than finding DDR2 stuff. Now it seems to be growing out of the cracks in the pavement. I've got a MSI micro ATX AM2 board in one of the machines here--pretty decent. Let's hope that the 939 follows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    As far as I can determine, the PM feature kicks in after a certain number of posts. Until then, I think you're in isolation.
    A few sticks of RAM won't hurt, I guess. Used to be finding sticks of DDR400 used to be more expensive than finding DDR2 stuff. Now it seems to be growing out of the cracks in the pavement. I've got a MSI micro ATX AM2 board in one of the machines here--pretty decent. Let's hope that the 939 follows it.
    I have 1 or 2GB of ddr2 667 to pair with it. I just brought it from storage today. it's actually an AM2 board, an MSI K9N6PGM-F with the GEFORCE 6100 chipset. The single bulged cap is the one in between the 2 PCI slots. Heres more info on the board---
    http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16813130067
    If you are still interested in the board, let me know and we can discuss shipping.