Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Modify a GOTEK floppy emulator

  1. #41

    Default

    thank you!

    i'm watching the tutorial on setting up flash floppy:

    https://youtu.be/-K31S2xqZIk?t=841


    he's doing this for an amiga, and in prepping the thumb drive he uses the autoboot mode config. I assume this is the same for TRS-80 use?

    for the file selector, he uses amiga (of course). in the file selector, i see windows, atari, amstrad, and amiga files in the firmware package. what would i select at this step for TRS-80 use?

    thanks.
    My favorite computer stuff: Tandy/TRS-80: Model 1, Model 4, CoCo 1 & 2, MC10, Portable, 1400FD/HD. Apple: IIe, IIc, multiple old Macs. Commodore: 64, 64C, SX-64, 128, 128D, VIC20, Amiga 500. Atari: 400, 800, XEGS, Portfolio.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokken View Post
    thank you!

    i'm watching the tutorial on setting up flash floppy:

    https://youtu.be/-K31S2xqZIk?t=841


    he's doing this for an amiga, and in prepping the thumb drive he uses the autoboot mode config. I assume this is the same for TRS-80 use?

    for the file selector, he uses amiga (of course). in the file selector, i see windows, atari, amstrad, and amiga files in the firmware package. what would i select at this step for TRS-80 use?

    thanks.
    If you add small OLED screen you don't need any config files at all, the screen will allow you to navigate thru your usb drive and auto mount whichever image your need.
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System + Roland MT-32 & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    Visit my Tindie store for Tandy 1000 Adapters for EX, HX, SX, SL, TX & TL etc

  3. #43

    Default

    i got my second gotek this afternoon and put flash floppy on it. I get f-f when powered on.

    I still do not get anything but the garbage screen on the TRS-80 when EI is connected. i understand this is normal behavior when disks are not present? keyboard boots to basic fine standalone or when hitting break with EI.

    Seems like jumper is set properly, cable is working (flipped cable displays 'cbl' on gotek with flash floppy). gotek shows signs of usb activity and green led comes on at certain stages, including pressing keyboard reset button.

    i tried a zork1.dmk file, but i get error 34. I now have zork1.dsk and it seems to be doing something, or at least no errors i can see.

    i put ff.cfg in root and uncommented the shugart entry. that's all i did to cfg.

    one concern is that i've never seen my EI work other than the keyboard showing ?mem of 48k when connected (vs 16k).

    any other tips? thanks.
    My favorite computer stuff: Tandy/TRS-80: Model 1, Model 4, CoCo 1 & 2, MC10, Portable, 1400FD/HD. Apple: IIe, IIc, multiple old Macs. Commodore: 64, 64C, SX-64, 128, 128D, VIC20, Amiga 500. Atari: 400, 800, XEGS, Portfolio.

  4. #44

    Default

    Last night I got a Gotek to run on my CoCo2.

    After re-flashing the Gotek with Flash Floppy, the display will show "F-F" with no USB installed. I replaced the original display with a LED display which shows the USB file name currently selected, ##/### of files and location of head.

    The only thing I put in the FF.CFG file was: " host = tandy-coco"

    Put a few DSK files on the USB and everything works like a original floppy disk! But its too quiet, got to do the sound mod.....

    Now the fun begins, going to hopefully get my old disks copied over to USB drive. Hope they read...
    My collection is: few Coco2's , a few Tandy 1000TL, TL2, RLX and assorted old cards and motherboards

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokken View Post
    Seems like jumper is set properly, cable is working (flipped cable displays 'cbl' on gotek with flash floppy). gotek shows signs of usb activity and green led comes on at certain stages, including pressing keyboard reset button.

    i tried a zork1.dmk file, but i get error 34. I now have zork1.dsk and it seems to be doing something, or at least no errors i can see.
    I'm pretty sure that flashfloppy doesn't recognize dsk or dmk trs-80 model x type disks (just CoCo format). I believe you need to convert them to hfe files.
    -- Brian

    Working Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, Commodore SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

  6. #46

    Default

    I got one of my goteks flashed with hXc. i put 2 TRS-DOS model 1 disk images named DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE in the root of the stick, and put HXCSDFE.CFG in the root of the usb stick as per the directions for indexed mode.

    On the gotek, i get hXc on the LED at power up. power up EI, gotek, then keyboard. garbage screen. i can go between 001 and 002 on the gotek, but reset on the keyboard only gives a garbage screen.
    My favorite computer stuff: Tandy/TRS-80: Model 1, Model 4, CoCo 1 & 2, MC10, Portable, 1400FD/HD. Apple: IIe, IIc, multiple old Macs. Commodore: 64, 64C, SX-64, 128, 128D, VIC20, Amiga 500. Atari: 400, 800, XEGS, Portfolio.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dokken View Post
    I got one of my goteks flashed with hXc. i put 2 TRS-DOS model 1 disk images named DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE in the root of the stick, and put HXCSDFE.CFG in the root of the usb stick as per the directions for indexed mode.

    On the gotek, i get hXc on the LED at power up. power up EI, gotek, then keyboard. garbage screen. i can go between 001 and 002 on the gotek, but reset on the keyboard only gives a garbage screen.
    How did you convert the disks from DMK to HFE format?
    -- Brian

    Working Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, Commodore SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •