Image Map Image Map

Thread: Need help removing Aptiva floppy disk drive bay

Default Need help removing Aptiva floppy disk drive bay

Hey, I am new here, I hope I am posting in the right section. Anyway, I have an IBM Aptiva 2136 mini-tower and I have no idea how to remove its floppy drive bay. It says you should press some lever, but it won't get out and I don't want to force it. Please, if someone knows how to this, I would really appreciate their help. Thanks.

Here are some images, in case you might need them.
    2015-12-28 00-40-30.995.jpg2015-12-28 00-40-38.453.jpg2015-12-28 00-41-16.421.jpg

The shiny metal tab looks like it pushes down so you can slide the drive cage backwards and out of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    The shiny metal tab looks like it pushes down so you can slide the drive cage backwards and out of the case.

But if you look inside, the floppy drive bay also looks like it has a hinge so it can slide out. Today I will post some better pictures!

Here are the pictures, as promised. Yes, I do know that two of them were taken vertically, and I'm sorry about that.

20151228_112816.jpg20151228_112828.jpg20151228_112900.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Munwele View Post
    But if you look inside, the floppy drive bay also looks like it has a hinge so it can slide out. Today I will post some better pictures!
    Exactly, push the silver tab and hinge it out, looks simple from all your photos, unless its jammed up, or there's some retainer screw holding it from hinging out.
    My Vintage computer/blog site
    Searching for a keyboard for a WYSEpc WY-1100.

Hi, after all this time, I found out the thing was jammed? Just on top of the hinge, there was a piece of metal stuck out. I pushed it with my thumb, and all is perfect now. Thank you.