Image Map Image Map
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Build your own PDP 8I, Part 4..

Blog Entries

I just priced out a build at JLCPCB using your gerbers. Total cost to me, including shipping, would be $110 for five boards, so $22 each. I'm happy to do a run if I can share the cost with at least three others, willing to pay the $22 board price plus US shipping which might be another $5-10. I'll keep two boards for myself.

Otherwise, Dave please save a board for me! I'm sure one or another of my European friends will be coming over for VCF West in August.

Let's give it a week and see what others say.

I'll keep one of mine back for you just in case you want it.

If I have interest in my 'spare' PCB's - I will give you first refusal on the last one left.

I will be going to our DEC Legacy event in November - so will take what I have left in case anyone wants to build one. November will be the deadline if you want one of mine.

How does that sound for a plan?

I have sent you an e-mail with regard the PM you sent me (just in case it ends up in your spam box for some reason).

Dave

Blog Entries

Yessir - works for me!
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Arrgh!! I couldn't stand the suspense, so I placed my own order with JLCPCB.

There should be 5 boards on this side of the ocean some time next week.

Anyone interested, let me know!

I've just come back to this thread after forgetting about it for a year, and I must say I'm impressed with the progress!

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post
    I do have a few PCBs left from the run - but I suspect that postal costs from the UK to US will be more expensive than getting the boards fabbed yourself possibly? Unless you know someone who will be travelling between the UK and the US...
    Dave
    I'd much appreciate one if you still have any left! (looks like maybe now Jack bought his own)
    I'm also on the same side of the pond, so postage shouldn't be too bad.

PS: I do however know someone who will be traveling from the UK to the US, but not until the 22nd of August.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrubin View Post
    Arrgh!! I couldn't stand the suspense, so I placed my own order with JLCPCB.

There should be 5 boards on this side of the ocean some time next week.

Anyone interested, let me know!
    If Dave ran out, sure

-Tom
    Wanted: ASR33 Teletype, TU56, TK05, VT50/52/100, Altair 8800 CPU card, KD11-EA (M8265, M8266), RX8-E M8357, DK8-EA M882, VC8-E M869 M885, RK8-E M7104 M7105 M7106, TD8-E M868.
    Avaliable for trade: Numerous PC ISA, PCI, and VLB boards and motherboards from the 5150 to P4 era, DEC Storageworks HDDs, misc DIP ICs, QBUS cards, 8080/85/86/88/Z80 CPUs, VT420, Misc radio valves (vacuum tubes), C64, Amiga 1200, Sinclair/Oric/TRS-80 spares, Mac Classic + Classic II.

Tom,

I am sure we can come to some arrangement to recover some of my costs. Let me work something out for you. Although it will be next week now - I will be on a business trip this week. Where are you based in England?!

Ok, I am going to be a bit of a tease now...

I have been working on the front panel today, I have uploaded an image of how far I have got.

Don't worry about all of the components that are off the board yet (mainly current limiting resistors). They are to be added when I am back from my business trip. Also, don't worry about the ugly areas for the pushbuttons and switches. I haven't got around to creating a footprint for these yet - so I have just stuck large pads on the board where the pushbuttons and switches will go.

Dave

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vD...bUq37ToabqLK40